Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Upgrade to Windows Media Player 11

Started by Pinball, October 16, 2009, 07:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I had WMPlayer 10 on my desk top where I do my testing for E Touch.  It's been fine...  I started E Touch this morning and I had a load of songs in the queue.

I wanted to listen to a certain album first before resuming the pending queue, or (without clearing the queue, as I wanted to play it after my "album").

I paused E-Touch, and went directly to my folder where the e-touch albums are stored. I clicked on the album I wanted and then, Double clicked the first cut to start playing it. (Windows media player will play the first song iclicked and then proceed through to play each subsequent song on the album, exactly what I wanted). Except when the favorite album finished, I would have to un-pause e-touch.

BUT, when I clicked the 1st song I got a WMPlayer error that said the Format of the song could not be played by Media Player OR the CODECS used to "compress" the file was a problem.  The same error showed on the 2nd song.   All the rest form song 3 to the end were fine though.

I found one song on another album that got the same error. I tried resoring copies from a backup, but got the same error.

If I went into e-touch and selected a song that produced the error and said play next, when the "bad" song began, it would just sit there and e-touch would not play any thing.

I installed WMPlayer 11 and all is fixed and well!

I never had this problem before on this favorite album.  I did install those codecs last month when I was implementing Video play on E-touch.

This was not an e-touch issue or problem, but some type of random mismatch between WMPlayer 10 and the codecs I installed.

I should have listened to Barry when he told me to install WMP 11 last month.

Long live the King....

PS. I am still hoping that the enhancement I had requested to be able to add an entire album to the top of the existing queue can be implemented in a coming release soon.

Randy

:beer       

Barcrest

A Few nice things coming in the next release just things take time.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...