Can't get videos to play

Started by Pinball, November 06, 2009, 02:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Installed 5.0.22 and used  procedure from Fordman at:

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1493.0

Installed codecs, changed Classic to WMP

Clicked Codecs in FFD Player  ->    other   MP4 is enabled

Clicked next item and saw that WMP.exe was included.

I've tried this about 10 times today and can't see what I am missing.

Selected video, Music plays from Video, but when I click on the now playing cover,

I get a distorted pic of Now Playing.  If I click it a few times I see the video studdering....

My eyes are shot . 

Any ideas?   

By the way, right before I get the Finish Install screen , I get a screen that asked to config Video, Config audio, etc...

When I click next I get a scree that pops up asking to install updates for a new release.

I just can out of that.

Barcrest

Do you have the latest codecs installed, download the latest K-Lite codec pack.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

I downloaded the latest K-Lite codec pack, and uninstalled and re-installed numerous times.  Basic, Standard and full versions.

Could I have messed up something on my PC software that is causing this not to work?  There was a pop-up that said something like "you already have FFDSHOW installed on your PC , do you want K-Lite to delete it and install the K-lite version?  I think on one of the attempts I said YES. So can something be missing from my PC software that these new codecs need to work with.

By the way, if I click on the video from the directory itself, the video plays via WMP perfectly. 

Pinball

Anybody have any ideas on this problem.  I am stuck at this point.  I have to be missing something as I have installed different versions of the k-lite codecs numerous times and still can't get the videos to play via e-touch, (they work correctly straight from the directory though).

Randy 

fordman

What version of WMP are you useing? 10 or 11?

Fordman

Pinball

I looked in Program files,WMPlayer, and under properties it says:

File Version    11.0.5721.5145

So I guess it is a version 11 flavor.

Woody

Randy,

I have had to tweek Ffdshow before, since you have audio you probably are able to get the video to work.
It is a matter of opening the ffdshow Video Decoder applett thru the menus: Start > Program Files > K-lite Codec Pack > Configuration >  ffdshow video decoder. You will see two main windows in this setup, The left hand frame needs to be set to "Codecs" and the right hand frame will be displaying all codecs available. Look and see if the codec that you need is included and how the center column is set, it might be set to "disabled" if that is the case then set it to one of the available decoders (libavcodec) and all should be good. If the codec is set to a valid option then see if other options exist and try them. Another possibillity would be to check the association of the Mp4 files, make sure Mp4 is set to always open with WMP. You also might try to set the association to Media Player Classic and see what happens. The other option would be to install a different Mp4 codec, you can find others on the web and install them manually instead of installing complete packages like CCCP just find and install the codecs needed.

Good Luck

Woody        

fordman

I assume your video files are MP4? Do as Woody suggest and make sure Media Player Classic is the default player for MP4's

Fordman

Pinball

Another piece of Info:

I went to START Menu   All Programs and there was something called
Decoders    Which I selected.

I clicked on "Video Decoder Configuration"

It showed the filelocation was to be at C:\windows\system32

I got an error box that said:

Run DLL

Msg:    Error Load FFDSHOW.ax
The specified module not found

I don't know if that is related to the problem I am having.

Anyhow...

I  Reinstalled K-Lite Codec pack 5.4.0 Full

<'d  (checked)  Media Player Classic

<'d  (checked) Direct show video decoder filters

<'d  (checked) Xvid MPEG-4
           dotted   FFDSHOW

<'d  (checked)  Direct show source filters
     <'d  (checked)  MP4/3gP/ MOV splitter

<'d  (checked)  HAALI
         <'d  (checked)  Gabbest

Next   Select Addl tasks

Media Player Classic config

<'d  (checked)   Overlat mixer

Next

DXVA Hardware Accellerator
Next

"Internal DXVA Decoders in Media Player Classic

Nothing <'d  (checked)

File Associations
<'d  (checked) Media Player Classic

NEXT
Vid File extentions
   All MP4 variations are <'d  (checked)
    All MPEG variations are <'d  (checked)

Next   Thumbnails
All MP4's <'d  (checked)
Next
2.0 Stereo <'d  (checked)

Next Message to close Internet explorer

Hit OK
INSTALLED

Windoe pops up :    xxx.codeguide.com   fpr codec updates

I minimized.

DONE!

Window opens to select Configurations and I <'d  (checked) Configure FFDSHOW

Finnish

AS per Woody:

I clicked Codecs on Left,

I looked for my file type on right.

(All my videos show undewr details as" MP4 Video Files"

I do not see PLAIN  MP4 Video Files on Right.

I do see Other MP4, Libavcodec, MP4V, Mp4S

As well as others:

MPEG44,
MP42,
MP41
etc....   These are all disavled.

No Plain MP4 anywhere

DOES THIS NEED TO BE EDITED IN SOMEHOW ?????

Clicked on next item on left:

<'d  (checked)  Do not use in"  ......"
<'d  (checked)  Use FFDSHOW only in"..... WMPayer.exe, is Listed.

Hit ENTER

Started E-Touch   Selected Video.

Box popped up that said :  E-Touch wants to use FFDshow and it is not in Black or white list.

I checked       Always Used !!    ( other options were Don't use or Use only once.

The music from the Video was heard but when I click on the Now Playing box only a truncated Now playing screen is shown in the upper right corner. 

I opened my video folder and looked at folder options and I see MP4 listed as a video file type.

My eyes are killing me from staring at this.

:tommy

bzpilot

I had a similar issue that I couldn't figure out.

What solved it for me was reinstalling my video and audio drivers for the computer.  I think something got corrupt or deleted when I uninstalled and reinstalled the Codec packs a few times.  I just reinstalled these two drivers and everthing was fine (without reinstalling the codecs again).

fordman

When you open up the FFDShow, in the menu on the left you will see codecs. Then on the right you will see a bunch of codecs listed. Under the Other MPEG4 category, make sure your using the libavcodec as the decoder. For some reason Xvid wont work with some mp4's and E-Touch. To access the drop down menus as seen in the pic, just click the box with the codec name and a drop down menu will appear!

Try that and give us a full report!

:beer

Fordman

Pinball

Opened FFDShow, in the menu on the left I clicked on codecs. Then on the right , Other MPEG4 category was already highlighted and using libavcodec as the decoder.

So it was set properly.

Pinball

"What solved it for me was reinstalling my video and audio drivers for the computer.  I think something got corrupt or deleted when I uninstalled and reinstalled the Codec packs a few times.  I just reinstalled these two drivers and everthing was fine (without reinstalling the codecs again)."

I could try this but I don't know what files they are or where to re-install them from...

bzpilot

Quote from: Pinball on November 08, 2009, 02:57:40 AM
I could try this but I don't know what files they are or where to re-install them from...

Let me know:
1) Operating system you are currently useing
2) Computer make/model if it wasn't home built
3) Then look under Control Panel - Device Manager and let me know everthing listed under:
        a) Display Adapter
        b) Sound, Video and Game Controllers

I should be able to come up with what you need from that.

Pinball

I posted this as well on the Error 52 Post as this work around seemed to have resolved both issues.

Regarding the problem I am having a problem with videos not playing (not viewable, the sound track from them is audible). I see a truncated NOW Playing image where the video thumbnail should appear.

Any how...  I have loaded and re-installed the codecs on my new maChine a dozen times.  No good.

If you recall ,I had built a box for my daughters college dorm room a month or so ago and rushed it out with 5.0.18.  Videos were working then on that machine, (and on my desktop test system).

Well this morning I'm on the desltop test machine that now has v 5.0.22 loaded just like the New box.  I play a video in the desk top test machine and guess what, NO GOOD! 

I see a truncated NOW Playing image where the video thumbnail should appear.   >:(

It used to work.  Never tested videos on the test machine since going up to 5.0.22.

Renamed the 5.0.22 e-touch directory on the test machine. Re-installed
v 5.0.18 on the test machine.

Re-ran config.   Went to the FFDShow item and clicked on it.

Clicked on CODECS on Left.

Looked on right for MP4.. 

Where it said   OTHER Mpeg files, to the right of it it listed variations of the OTHER types....   I Right clicked ther and an option came up that said Change all valid types to Libavcodec.  I selected that option and hit Apply.

Then I restarted E-Touch on the test machine, Selected a video and it Played perfectly!!!

I re-installed the 5.0.22 version.  Guess what.  The Videos don't play now.   

I looked at the FFDShow , CODECS , Other MPEG4 and it was already set to LibaCodecs..   So I right clicked to the right again, Changed the option this time to XVID, hit apply. 

THen I right clicked again, Changed it back to Libacodecs, Apply.

Restarted e-touch 5.0.22 on the test machine and Videos work great, as well as no V5 - error on the Jimmy Ruffin and Temp albums. 

Duplicated the same on the new Machine and all is well....

I sure hope you can figure out what the problem was.  I got the work around , but I'm not sure at all what the problem was or how it was resolved by taking those steps.