Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Need assistance using Filters

Started by Pinball, November 08, 2009, 04:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Just started looking at Filter By Genre.

I enabled the Filter button to appear on the Main screen.

When I push it I get a FILTER grid that the 1st black says ALL ALBUMS, the rest of the blocks all say   LABLE12

I push the GENRE Button and nothing Happens.  What do I need to do?? 

Right now I want to be able to Filter out "Rap and Hip Hop", so they are not seen on the main screen.

Secondly I want to be able to just Show "Country" albums when my father comes over.

Thanks.

Randy

bzpilot

As far as your label issue is concerned, sounds like you need to do a clean install.  There have been some major changes done to the jukebox recently and if you are attempting to use on older skin you will get these issues also.  As far as I know there are only a couple skins completely compatible with the latest jukebox version.  The 2 skins packaged with E-Touch and the BnB Gif version.  Rename your current jukebox directory something else and reinstall.  See if that fixes your problem.

As far as filters are concerned in E-touch - filters are to select a single Genre, Year or Artist.  You cannot select multiple ones at the same time and you also cannot filter out something to not display.  The All Albums is basically a clear button so that all filters clear.

As far as wanting to only showing a single Genre on the Jukebox the only way to go about that is to put those Albums in a Genre directory and only scan that when running the config.  Otherwise you just set the filter to the Country Genre but it can be easily clicked away and all albums will show.

Pinball

This is happening on both my boxes , the old desktop test machine and the new box.

The new box just had e-touch 5.0.22 installed and there are only 2 skins in the list. It is set on 800 x 600   5 _ 25

I haven't tried to point to any old skins or anything.

When I hit the Filter button , I get that grid showing 6 columns and 4 rows with the first box saying All Albums and the rest saying Lable12

Pinball

Thanks.  I found the problem.....  I did not have Generate Genre, Artist and year libraries checked off in the config. 

Checked them off and reran config, now I can filter !!!!

Pinball

I like being able to use Filters to select ex Country Music,

But it seems that when I enable Generate Genre Libraries, it totally resorts the Juke main screen and doesn't leave the albums alphebetical by artist, but rather sorts them by Genre and then alphebetical by artist within each Genre. 

The alphebet selector slider was wierd too. I would push it up to A and it would jump back to H , for example.

Any way to use Genre Filters and yet have the Main screen when displaying all albums leave all albums alphebetical a-z.