Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Move BAT Help

Started by Hitbig, December 25, 2009, 09:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitbig

Just decided to use BAT files and I am a completely ignorant of them.
It is not a priority but would be good to know just in case.

I just need two :

1) For Copy which works OK  -->  xcopy "c:\program files\E-Touch Jukebox\Download\*.*" "d:\"

2)I NEED HELP ON MOVE WHICH DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. Is This correct????What am I doing wrong???

--> move "c:\program files\E-Touch Jukebox\Download\*.*" "d:\"

Thanks in advance.

fordman

The move batch file line works for me. Are you sure the mp3 player or other device is recognized as a 'd' drive? My USB drive is drive 'O' but my mp3 player is drive 'G'.

So I adjusted the batch file line to this:

move "c:\program files\E-Touch Jukebox\Download\*.mp3*" "g:\"

I hope this helps!

:beer

Fordman

fordman

Here is a short tutorial for using the Download Track feature to an mp3 player. It is a batch (.bat) file that is short and simple!

After you have all the tunes you want to download to your mp3 player, they will be located in your C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\DOWNLOAD folder. See pic below:

You will notice in the DOWNLOAD folder there is a small batch file. The batch file will do all the moving of music to your mp3 player. Below is the contents of the batch file:

All the batch file does is just move the .mp3's and not the Download.bat file.

**** This is where you may need to tweak the batch file ****
move "c:\program files\E-Touch Jukebox\Download\*.mp3*" "g:\"

The "g:\" may need to be changed to whatever your jukebox has assigned as a drive letter for your mp3 player. Mine just happens to be 'g'.
You can download this batch file here ---->www.ppcomponents.com/etouch/download.bat

Download this and save it in your
C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\DOWNLOAD folder.

Now that the batch file is done, Run E-Touch. After it starts up, go into the 'General Settings' section and at the bottom you will see in the bottom left corner, 'Launch External App'. In the empty field below that, place this line there:

C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\DOWNLOAD\download.bat

When you want to move your music to your mp3 player, just 'tap or click' RUN. It will do the work for you without going outside the E-Touch Jukebox Enviroment!

I hope this help and if anyone thinks it needs to be tweaked, let me know!

Fordman

Hitbig

Hey Fordman, thanks for your feedback on this.

Very useful.

Just one thing, your link is broken and/or incorrect, I could not download anything.

Thanks again.

Rob_Hendley

Hmm, isn't the batch file meant to run automatically after the download command, thereby alleviating the need to go in to the options menu and use run?

So you would attach the MP3 player first, then everytime you click download it would automatically move the track each time?

fordman

Something has to trigger the batch file to run. As far as I know, Barry hasnt added anything to to automatically trigger the batch file to run.  ???  ???  ??? But this would be nice if it were to do so!

The download link for the btch file is fixed!  :tommy

www.ppcomponents.com/etouch/download.bat

Fordman

fordman

DOH!!!!! Version 5.0.27 has this Auto-trigger for the batch file!  :tommy :tommy

Download the batch file from above to your C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\DOWNLOAD folder.

Now each time you hit the 'Download Track Buton' the batch file will trigger and automatically load the song to the mp3 player!

My bad for not reading the updated list thoroughly!  :tommy :tommy

Fordman

Barcrest

The only think puzzling me is how hitbig is using this feature? It's not in the current demo only in the V5 release and he's still showing as a V4 supporter?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

You're gonna need to add a delete *.mp3 at the end of your batch file

If you don't, you will end up copying the same mp3s everytime you press the download button.

e.g. first time out will copy song1.mp3 to your player

second time will copy song1.mp3 and song2.mp3 to your player

third time will copy song1.mp3, song2.mp3 and song3.mp3 to your player.

Aside from the "overwrite files yes/no" it will also take a long time to copy a lot of files.

Just as an example, if you want to copy 10 files to your player, you will actually end up performing 55 move commands - (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10).  Factor that up to copying 100 or 1000 files to your player and you are in for some serious lag!

Is this correct or an I misunderstanding?

Hitbig

Rob :
If you see is not a COPY command is MOVE.
You do not need to delete anything because is MOVE.

Barry :

Since I am using the demo version and do not know how to use bat file (now I know 0.5% more)
what I did at first was to run the line XCOPY directly from the E-touch Launch Application option and
it worked, but not for move. This as you noticed without using bat files, just the line.

Also I did test the bat file from Fordman and works perfect in the demo, the only difference, I think from what I've been reading is that when I download a track does not move nothing automatically, but invoking
the bat from the demo works perfect.

Rob_Hendley

ah, that figures - excellent work.  Hopefully I can repay the favour.

It may work if you lose the "quote marks" and amend the wildcard as follows:

move c:\program files\E-Touch Jukebox\Download\*.mp3 d:\

Your batch file will fail as there is a conflict - by moving *.* you are also trying to move the batch file, which is in use at that specific time and as a result would be read only

Try this one to automatically overwrite duplicate filenames:

move /Y c:\program files\E-Touch Jukebox\Download\*.mp3 d:\

EDIT - I think someone already said most of this post!

Hitbig

Guys  Help !!!

I have a BAT file that permits navigate and choose folder in My Computer.
It is Named GETFOLDER.BAT
How can I make it work in the destination folder (D:\ in my case) for the line below :

move "c:\program files\e-touch jukebox\download\*.mp3*" "D:\"
FYI  I am not a programmer, I just want to choose folder when moving downloaded tracks.

Thanks.

fordman

Quote from: Hitbig on December 27, 2009, 12:50:16 AM
Guys  Help !!!

I have a BAT file that permits navigate and choose folder in My Computer.
It is Named GETFOLDER.BAT
How can I make it work in the destination folder (D:\ in my case) for the line below :

move "c:\program files\e-touch jukebox\download\*.mp3*" "D:\"
FYI  I am not a programmer, I just want to choose folder when moving downloaded tracks.

Thanks.

move "c:\program files\e-touch jukebox\download\*.mp3*" "D:\folder name here"

Try that! Works for me!

Fordman

fordman

Quote from: Rob_Hendley on December 26, 2009, 05:31:01 PM
You're gonna need to add a delete *.mp3 at the end of your batch file

If you don't, you will end up copying the same mp3s everytime you press the download button.

e.g. first time out will copy song1.mp3 to your player

second time will copy song1.mp3 and song2.mp3 to your player

third time will copy song1.mp3, song2.mp3 and song3.mp3 to your player.

Aside from the "overwrite files yes/no" it will also take a long time to copy a lot of files.

Just as an example, if you want to copy 10 files to your player, you will actually end up performing 55 move commands - (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10).  Factor that up to copying 100 or 1000 files to your player and you are in for some serious lag!

Is this correct or an I misunderstanding?

Hitbig is correct! Move is doing just that, moving the files. The *.mp3* is moving just the .mp3 files so the .bat files stays right where its at!

Fordman

fordman

Quote from: Hitbig on December 26, 2009, 09:31:32 PM
Also I did test the bat file from Fordman and works perfect in the demo, the only difference, I think from what I've been reading is that when I download a track does not move nothing automatically, but invoking
the bat from the demo works perfect.

The download.bat is automatically triggered each time you hit the download track button in version 5.0.27. Makes sence to trigger the batch file from the command line, then hit the Run button to launch the batch file. Probably what he is doing using the V5 demo.

Go ahead and UPgrade to V5! You'll be glad you did!

Fordman