Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

CDG

Started by DaDuber, July 16, 2010, 09:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

I just formated my jukebox and reinstalled xp. Then installed freebox. I have some karaoke files that I used to be able to play. I must have installed something to make them play before. can someone direct me to what I need to install.

Thanks In Advance.....

draginit

i believe the zipped file "karoake for directX" provided with freebox should do it....
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

DaDuber

I installed it, but it still doesn't seem to work. Also if I goto the cdg file and try to play it with media player it says Media player encountered a problem C00D0FEA. But if I close the pop up box and click the play it works fine.

draginit

did you re-install any codec packages? i use k-lite mega pack..thats my only other thought..otherwise im sure someone else here will know what to do.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

DaDuber

Thanks for your help, but that didn't work. Also tried uninstalling karaoke for directx then reinstalling ang reinstalling wmp11.

DaDuber

Has anyone else had this problem. or does anyone now a fix.
thanks in advance....

DaDuber

The files work perfect when I try to play with wmp classic. I set classic as default player, but still doesn't work in freebox . the song starts to play for about1 sec then skips to next. any help greatly appreciated

Barcrest

You need to get them playing with WMP 10 or 11. Once you have them working in that they will work in the jukebox.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

I do encounter this problem alot on my machines, the only way to fix them so far for me are:
if i have upgrade to wmp11 i have to downgrade to wmp9 again and everything works fine.
if i have wmp9 i have to upgrade to wmp11 and everything works fine for a while, the thing its if wmp finds a bad cdg file then the problem starts again and i have to downgrade to fix the problem, wich kind of kikcs my balls everytime it happens, i haved looked too much on google for a solution but nothing comes up.

Hitbig

Try cdg filter from www.powerkaraoke.com, maybe is the plugin what is giving problems.
I never had problems with the plugin provided in E-Touch, but try another alternative.

DaDuber

I fixed it a few days ago. sorry I should have posted it. I ended up uninstalling karaoke for direct x then uninstalling wmp11 then reinstalling wmp11 then making sure I opened it once then reinstalled karaoke for direct x. That fixed it, so if anyone else has this problem......

Shaggydo

Quote from: DaDuber on July 22, 2010, 02:37:38 PM
I fixed it a few days ago. sorry I should have posted it. I ended up uninstalling karaoke for direct x then uninstalling wmp11 then reinstalling wmp11 then making sure I opened it once then reinstalled karaoke for direct x. That fixed it, so if anyone else has this problem......
and in the future hope you wont have to repit all that uninstall process again....like i do.