Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Newbie question, Album Art

Started by liv42daa, May 05, 2014, 01:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liv42daa

I just installed the trial version and I do not have album art showing up, except for the few albums that I have actually saved the album art. Does this sw automatically search for album art just like Windows Media Player?

Norman Marshall

No, I don't think it does, you have to go find it yourself
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

liv42daa

Does anyone know for sure? Am I to understand that everyone using this has gone online and found album art for every CD they have.

liv42daa

Maybe I am not asking the question correctly. When I RIP a CD to my PC. The files are nicely organized with artist and songs. There is no .jpg in the folders and Windows Media Player puts in the art work. I have moved these files from PC to PC and the art work is there. When I moved it to E-touch the only ones that showed up with artwork are the not popular CDs that I have picked up for example of my friends band. For these I previously had scanned the artwork and put it into the folder as a .JPG. Now only these show up with artwork in E-Touch. Am I doing something wrong?

Shaggydo

Your art should be named cover.jpg and when you scan your content, you should point the config to look for artwork named cover and to create thumbnails for such artwork.

liv42daa

Your missing the point. I have no file called cover.jpg in my media library. I have no file called anything.jpg. Windows media player is putting in the cover art. The few albums where i actually scanned a cover art has such a file because I created it. What about the rest of the CDs. They are getting it through Media Player.

Shaggydo

you have to use some sort of software to download them manualy, the most helpfull i use was  a software named cover manager i found at the BYOAC forums i dont have it anymore, but basicly what it does it scans your library and the tells you wich albums lack artwork, after that you can use google withing the software interface to download artwork one at the time, it was a pain in the ass for me as i had a large collection, the software had an automatic feature wich i never managed to use righ. Pardon my english  as its my sencond lenguage.

ecbrad

Windows Media player grabs and creates a tiny little album cover art and calls it from memory folder. You cannot use this as cover art in E-Touch. It's too small and is only used for media player itself.

You will need to source your own covers either manually or use an automate tool.

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

Windows Media play image files can be used if you unhide them, however they are very low resolution. If you do a search for JPG's on your media and include hidden and system files you will see all the media player images. Select them all and set them to be unhidden and E-Touch will use them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

liv42daa

Now I understand, thank you all for the suggestions. I will try to find the the Media Player images as posted by Barcest and if that does not work then I will try using a software to get images. I have many CDs and one by one would be a Pain and very time consuming. Does anyone have a link to a SW that will get all images?

liv42daa

Does anyone have a link to a SW that will automatically get all the CD art? There is many out there.

Norman Marshall

I went the hard and slow way, GOOGLE, took me flipping ages  ;D ;D ;D
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Shaggydo

Quote from: GlennCarnell on May 06, 2014, 05:50:00 PM
I went the hard and slow way, GOOGLE, took me flipping ages  ;D ;D ;D
me too,no easy way....

liv42daa

I am using Media Monkey and getting the Album Art one by one. Its working but its slow.

Barcrest

I used Tag & Rename to get them as I tagged stuff. I then found even more using the album cover grabber in the beta config. Even so I am probably only at 95% covers.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...