Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Karaoke not working?

Started by carloslfc, March 26, 2016, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carloslfc

Hi , new to the software, read a lot of the great guides and seen some tutorial videos linked from here, all setup and indexed music and video's perfectly and they work great.

The only thing I can't get to work is the Karaoke, I press play and it does nothimg, the counter or slider doesnt move. It doesn't lock up , just doesnt play? Tried researching it but can't find why it's not working, originally installed on a Win 8.1 pc, thought it was an issue with the OS so now tried it on my other Win 7 pc, with exactly the same result. I'm sure it's something stupid I'm missing I just can't find it!

The karaoke files are Sunfly cdg's extracted to a folder, it see's them all no but just won't play them. I've installed v2.3 Karaoke for Direct x and also v3.0.

Thanks

Mark Norville

Pass I haven't tried karaoke myself or I think I did for a brief second. Barry might be on later, but then he might not due to it being Easter. However hold fire for the weekend I might have a play and see if I can get it working, later on today but shops are calling as I am out of beer, so beer run comes first.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

carloslfc

:D Yes the beer comes before the singing, in my house it does anyway, thanks

Gaucho

Do your Karaoke files look something like this:

Bruno Mars - Grenade.cdg
Bruno Mars - Grenade.mp3
Bruno Mars - Grenade.cdg.tag

Will they play in windows media player when you double click the cdg file.

carloslfc

Hi Gaucho

no all my karaoke (around 500gb's worth) that I play through Virtual DJ is just in the following format :

Bruno Mars - Grenade.cdg
Bruno Mars - Grenade.mp3

And no it doesnt play in WMP12 when I double click the .cdg file, looks like a codec issue around wmp12.

Mark Norville

Copied from DaBaur or what ever his name is

Finally got karaoke working.
I reformatted my hard drive and installed win 7.
anyone else need to know how to make it work for free.

1. Make sure you open window media player and use recommended settings.
2. install powerCDG plugin http://www.mymusictools.com/karaoke_software_19/power_cdg_filter_25632.htm
3. open a cdg file.
4. Install karoke for direct x beta 3.0 or higher http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaoke-dx/

when you open a new cdg file it will no longer say you have to buy powercdg plugin.

Hope this helps someone else too....
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

You need to install karaoke-2.3 which is in the install directory of etouch and associate cdg files with wmp.

Barcrest

The power CDG plugin is more reliable if you are using an OS newer than XP I believe.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

carloslfc

Thanks for all the suggestions , I dug out an old laptop which I hadn't used for a couple of years and that had Windows XP (WMP9) on it, followed Mark's instructions (power cdg) and it worked no problem.

So looks like I will be rebuilding the pc with XP as it's only going to be used for the jukebox tbh.  Tried the same instructions on Win7 and Win 8.1 tna (both use WMP12)

Mark Norville

Just to say if you are going to use xp, you need to be crafty and find it somewhere different if you know what I mean. You need to grab a black version where it has sata drivers and other extras. I have had karaoke working on this machine and it is windows 7, but it was a bit of hassle to get it working.

Infact looking at my pc I have karaoke x http://karaoke-dx.sourceforge.net/ on my PC. I think that was what I used to have it working on Win 7

Barcrest

I would go with windows 7 so you can use the online features, putting an XP machine on the internet is asking for trouble.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Yep Karaoke DX is infact what I have running on both my win 7 64 and 32 bit machines as per the link in Mark's post.

carloslfc

Great news , it's working on my current 8.1 setup!

Thanks everybody for the info , turns out I needed to carry out the instructions Mark posted on a clean install, in this case I just created a fresh new user account on the Windows 8.1 build and ran it as instructed and it worked first time :) tbh I would have given up with WMP12 if it wasn't for the messages below to say you all had it working on 64 bit Win 7 etc , So thanks Mark, Gaucho and Barry excellent support forum, wouldn't have got it working without you and I work for Dell lol!

Barcrest

Glad you have it up and running now  :beer

Jukebox Stats...