Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Alternative tracks , fanart, artist logo

Started by Risim, May 09, 2016, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Hi guys Im trying to make a new skin for my future builds and Im using fanart and alternative track.  My alternative tract will not show up.  How does this work?  Another question is with the fanart.  I love the way fanart changes between play options and tracklisting pages.  But sometimes it does not change at all,  it stays with the same image for 3 to 4 clicks.  This makes it look buggy,  is there anything I can do to make it smoother.  Last question the artist logo is not available for play option screen, right?

Mark Norville

In relation to fan art not really something that I like so I cannot comment 100% on this, but it might be a bug if it does not change as you say but Barry will know more about that.

You have the artist logo on the track listing screen, however when you get to the play track option, then you do not have a logo.

Be sure to take some screen shots of your skin, would be nice to have a look at. I have stopped for a while as can't be bothered with the lot at the moment, this is the first time that I have bothered about the charts in five weeks.

I have my basic skin done, however I keep changing my mind on the backgrounds, I am just sick of seeing a black screen so try to add a bit of colour, but not happy with the backgrounds in general and then am starting to question other bits and bobs now as well.

As soon as you have fan art enabled in my eyes it makes it look even worse as you need really strong front graphics to make the fan art look viable. I have never seen a commercial jukebox run fan art which is why I am against using it on eTouch.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Fanart is picked at random from the available images, the more images you have the less likely it is that the same image will be shown on each screen but as it's random this can happen. The band logo isn't on the play options page but could be added if you wish.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on May 10, 2016, 07:15:32 AM
Fanart is picked at random from the available images, the more images you have the less likely it is that the same image will be shown on each screen but as it's random this can happen. The band logo isn't on the play options page but could be added if you wish.
Yes pls can you add the artist logo to the play option screen.  I have 3 pics for each artist but again sometime it just so one.  Do they have to be a specific size?
Alternative Tracks not showing? What should I do?

Mark Norville

Easy answer is just look in the folder that you have if it is downloading at 500 x 500 for example in every folder, that is the size that you need.

Alternate tracks has never worked for me I don't think, the other albums is often dodgy as well, but it does work at times.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

What?  Im manually downloading pics for fanart.

Barcrest

The images are stretched to fit, so hi res look better but will take slightly longer to load than low res. I use an SSD so the difference isn't noticeable as they are on there. The alternate versions may have got broken somewhere so I will take a look and check that is working ok. It basically just looks for the same song title by different artists and I have not really done anything that should have broken it. I will get a new beta out later with the added logo for the play options screen.

Quote from: Risim on May 10, 2016, 12:37:23 PM
What?  Im manually downloading pics for fanart.

I think he thought you were downloading them automatically using the config.

Quote from: Mark Norville on May 09, 2016, 02:12:40 PM
As soon as you have fan art enabled in my eyes it makes it look even worse as you need really strong front graphics to make the fan art look viable. I have never seen a commercial jukebox run fan art which is why I am against using it on eTouch.

This is because they haven't thought about it or been able to implement it, if you adjust the transparency then it should all be perfectly readable. A lot of sound leisures innovations with the venue hub we already had years before. It wasn't that long ago that their sound surfer and video surfer software didn't even have a working search it was just a jump to letter. The best commercial offering we had in this country was the 2 million song jukebox software. That went bump it may have been by ami and sound leisure brought the rights to their massive database.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

eTouch scrapes from Universal Album or CD Art something like that, but then they scrape from www.fanart.tv which is 1000x1000 for CD covers and fan art.

I have been retagging and sorting out my collection but in my folders now, I have the links to the artist Wikipedia, the discography and also fan art, then I download every image I can from fan art.tv so if in the future I do add another older album, the art work is there.

A lot of artists also have more than one fanart which can be a chunk of hard drive space if you are downloading say Tina Turner images as she has so many albums, CD covers, fan art etc that you could be looking at 200 images plus.

If you look at how many artists you are wanting to hold on to a hard drive, it is a big chuck of space you need to lose if you want to have fan art. After a while after a few artists fan art, that is another album you could have.

Risim

Thank you Barry.   :beer

Mark I like to use pic where the artist is on stage and a couple posing pic.  I am using it with this new zkin im trying to build and i have the transparency down to 15 Nd it really looks good.   Especially when it changes between play option and tracklisting page. I found that if you have a  high grafic or colorful background you can make a transparent black area in which the fanart will show up.  And it really pops of the page especially if the area has a  glass effect.

Mark Norville

I have gone through so many colours now, I started playing with a silver background and then using a tool on GIMP where it fades the background, I cant remember the technical term for it now, as I am not a graphic artist, but you have say silver as main and then black as a gradient, but what you do is where you place the line and how you draw the line it affects the gradients of the colours.

I did have a perfect background that I really wanted to use, but then I was using white font and about one track listing was messed up right in the middle, and I didn't want to change all of the fonts to say for example green as it would not look right.

I love my cabinet, but to be honest if I could afford one of the NSM proper jukeboxes then the skin would look a lot better. When I go to the pub, I find myself sitting there looking at either the games machine or the jukebox and thinking how can I make it like that.

As a wise man once wrote, perfection is every thing, but when a stupid useless fools quotes about perfection, it is usually fooked up ;)

Risim

I now what you mean i just learned some techniques on psd an now i look at everything different.  Wondering how to get that effect or how I can use that on my skin, lol.  I was working on this skin for 3 days straight took a break from it and now i dont like it at all.  I want to make it more modern looking. Hoping a more modern skin and the candyman flow will achieve a more to date jukebox.   I was ztill using the touchgenie menu button now I am thinking of goin with simple icons.   

Barry the use of mask that coffee used on the last skin can that be implemented on the menu bmp screen? Or on the filter screen?  My filter screen is always shown so it will be nice to use a masm to show which genre your on or which menu button you've pressed.

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on May 10, 2016, 02:24:37 PM
Barry the use of mask that coffee used on the last skin can that be implemented on the menu bmp screen? Or on the filter screen?  My filter screen is always shown so it will be nice to use a masm to show which genre your on or which menu button you've pressed.

I know the skin you are referring to but i don't know what effect you mean with the mask.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

I mean he used a orange highlight to indicate what letter where the albums are.  He also use ghe mask/highlight to indicate what libary the user was searching.  Can this be applied to other pages?