News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V 5.00.32 Random play error - BACK AGAIN - FIXED:)

Started by urbecrisch, December 27, 2009, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

Just upgraded to newest version and I get this error message continuously when I select random play for my audio.  When random play is off the error mess goes away but I of course want the random play option to work.  Any suggestions?  Others experiencing this?  I also did a fresh list generation and it's still there.

Error occured:13
Description: type mismatch
module: form1
function: random_play

fordman

I am getting this error every so often.  :downer

Fordman

Barcrest

What numerical values have you got in the weighting boxes?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Updated to v 5.00.28 today and the random play problem is gone.  Thanks.

Barcrest

Hoped it would i tried to fix it even though i had not seen the error myself.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Just updated to v5.00.32 from v5.00.30 and I'm getting the random play error message like I got when I was on v.5.00.27.  Also, some albums will give me a WMP error when I try to play songs.  What's going on?  V.5.00.30 was working perfect but now these 2 issues have arose.  Suggestions?

bzpilot

Quote from: urbecrisch on February 21, 2010, 12:15:57 AM
What's going on? 
In Barry's attempts to add numerous new options and enhancements to already probably the best jukebox player out there some things unfortunately may get broken.  Even though there are numerous testers out there checking for these prior to release, with so many options to test some issues will slip by temporarily.

QuoteSuggestions?
Do as you did, report the problem in detail.  If it is an issue that causes E-Touch to be unusable for you go back to your previous version you say was working for you.  Then patiently wait for an update.  If it's a critical item to the main function of the jukebox, expect a fix extremely quick.  If it is just an enhancement (like random play, which has also seen quite a few beneficial changes/upgrades too recently) expect it quick but probably not overnight.  You've been around long enough to know most if not all of this.

There exists no other jukebox software on the market that I know of that has as dedicated a developer, beta testers, and users.  If it didn't, you wouldn't get so many updates and upgrades.  You would see many more bugs coming through to the users.  You would not get the personal interaction with the developer and beta testers.  You wouldn't get the fixes coming at you in what would be considered lightning fast, an almost unheard of speed, in the computer software industry.

urbecrisch

Thanks for the reply bzpilot.  Just want to clear something up, in no way am I expecting any kind of quick-fix on my behalf.  I understand with each release there may be some unknown bugs and/or crashes that may ensue.  I guess I'll rephrase my question to:

Has anyone else experienced a random play error with v.5.00.32?

What could be the problem if WMP error arises?

In the meantime I'll go back to the previous version that worked for me until these issues can be resolved.

eist1

urbecrisch,

Can you give a little more detail as to when you are receiving the Random Play Error? Is it just running Random Play, or certain configs (Artsist, genre) that is giving you the error. Barry needs this type of detail to recreate a bug so he can fix it. Thanks

urbecrisch

It's just running random play. The error message is the same as previously stated in this thread. When I get home I'll post the WMP error message.

Barcrest

This error is not effecting anyone apart frm yourself it would seem so a little more infor might help track it down dude.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

urbecrisch

After reading this thread http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1876.0, I realized my time between tracks was set to 0.  Once I changed it to 1 it was fine :)

Still having a problem with a few album when I play asongI geta Windows Media Player warning. Any thoughts on this?

urbecrisch