Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

decade charts

Started by digitalpackrat, September 03, 2008, 07:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalpackrat

does anyone have a more complete chart list for the decades section of freebox.  it appears there are a few charts in there starting from 2006 but older charts and new charts are missing

eist1

You can look in the Freebox V4\History folder for all of the current chnarts. What is currently there is all that is available. Someone created these awhile back, and it's not very easy to create new ones, as I looked into it in the past.

Barcrest

"Boyz II Men","On Bended Knee",new.gif
"Ini Kamoze","Here Comes The Hotstepper",up.gif
"Real McCoy","Another Night",up.gif
"Boyz II Men","I'll Make Love To You",down.gif
"Bon Jovi","Always",up.gif
"Madonna","Secret",down.gif
"Sheryl Crow","All I Wanna Do",down.gif
"TLC","Creep",new.gif
"Brandy","I Wanna Be Down",down.gif
"Janet Jackson","You Want This/70's Love Groove",new.gif

That is an example. You need to create a year folder then call the decades file 01.txt through to 12.txt for the month you are creating. Then it's "artist","title",gif

The gif shows if it moved up or down from the previous month or is a new entry. Pretty easy to make them but you need access to the older charts of which there were non for some of the charts we have the UK one is the most complete.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

digitalpackrat

thanks guys that'll help...  what directory are the charts saved to during the install?  i've looked through the freebox install folder but didn't see anything regarding decades, charts or billboards

eist1

Freebox V4\history folder

andowhy

I have all the charts for the UK, US & AUS official charts from each inception date to last week.  Initially Freebox came with the UK charts from (1954 -2006).  I have since added the missing charts up to an including last week.  The official AUS charts (ARIA) started from 1989, US Billboard 1941.  At the moment I am currently working on the archives of the Billboard charts - 1960-1980.  I think the lastest release of Freebox should include the last update I sent Barry, which added the 1980-1995 US charts, but I havent updated my version of Freebox in a while (not since I fried my jukes m/board).

Barcrest

I don't think i have included those files yet.

Jukebox Stats...

digitalpackrat

hey andowhy, i can help create the lists if you want some help.  I just would need access to the lists.  i could start on the billboard charts

digitalpackrat

anyone know where I can get the charts?  i've tried going to the billboard website but looks like you need an account to get the older charts.  I've got some desire and time to create the missing charts, I just need the charts

digitalpackrat

thx hitnrun... though those lists seem to be for the entire year not per month for each year like the rest of the lists already created in freebox

ScAtMaN

Was thinking of updating the UK List which is now a year behind.
Does anyone have a link to a site with monthly listings?  Everyone I have tried, including the official charts company website only have the weekly listings.

Barcrest

There will be updated lists in the next release.

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

ScAtMaN