Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

CD Covers

Started by viper, November 15, 2008, 01:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper

Im new to freebox and before I purchase it i wanted to make sure freebox can download the album covers of the cd's already in my collection. I got all cd's from my music into freebox now i need to get the covers. I don't have picture files of the cd's in thier files. Otherwise it is a great program.
Viper

kizer

Use the config program. It should grab the album covers if you tell it to. Use the get covers or whatever its called button.

It will present you with a few covers and you just click on the one you want and click the use cover button. Then click next and it will walk you through each cover. Then when you use the update library it will generate thumbnails and then your good to go. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

viper

I have about a thousand cds in my collection. Im not sure if it takes to long to get the pictures before the 30min timeout(I only have the demo version until I know this will work). The only cd pictures I get are those with the jpg file in the folders, but that is only four of them. My windows media player has all the cd covers, I just need to know more specifically how to get those onto freebox.
Thanks in advance.
Viper

netcat

I havent used this feature yet either but agree the timeout should be variable (I am assuming this can easily be made into a adjustable variable)?

And automatically select covers the covers for you, for those of us that have thoiusands upon thousands of albums ?

viper

viper

Sorry about that my daughter got hold of the computer. Can anyone tell exactly how to get freebox to select the cd covers, which selections in config i need to make.
thanks in advance
Viper

bluemeanietsi

If WMP sees them but you dont' when you browse you need to unhide them.

1000 cd's is going to be rough but you can open command prompt and use the attrib -h -r -s command.

viper

they all come up in WMP 11 within seconds. But they will not come up in freebox.

bluemeanietsi

Like I said they won't they are hidden.  unhide them.

viper

Lave Laar

viper

That looks good and sounds like it works but i am not advanced enough for command line in the notepad. I don't know which notepad to open and were to put the command line. I tried going to start , Run then type it in but no luck.
Viper

kizer

Run the config program and select the directory where all your music is like your building your database.

I selected enable thumbnails
There is a button called "Get Album Cover"

I've got over 1440 albums and the app I think couldn't find maybe 10 or 15 of them.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

viper

thanks when i do that iit clicks but nothing happens i will check to make sure nothing is firewalled. Thanks.

viper

Actually none of those three buttons on the bottom are working. I hit remove album and it does not remove album either. of course it will not get the cover. I have not gotten the full version yet. Is that something the full version will fix. the webpage says its the full version just limited to 30 minutes use? I dont want to buy this product if it will not work.
Thanks
Viper