Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

CD Covers

Started by viper, November 15, 2008, 01:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderball

Viper:

As discussed here, the "folder.jpg" cover image in each album's directory is a hidden file. Open a command prompt (click 'Start', the 'Run', and type cmd) - in the black window, type this:

attrib -s -h "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Music\folder.jpg" /s

Of course, you would have to substitute the correct path for your files--

This will make the 'folder.jpg' visible, and Freebox will find it.

viper

I typed the correct path for my music files. They are on the desktop under my music but the folders.jpg does not seem to work. Thanks for any advice.
Viper

Barcrest

You are better off using cover.jpg so WMP doesn't re-hide the files. Also the album art in the folder.jpg tends to be a little low res.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

viper

I used both folder.jpg and cover.jpg but they are not files in my directory and it gives me an error message.

Barcrest

You need to create the files cover.jpg in each of your album directories. You can use album cover art downloader or do it via the freebox config but it will take you some time if you don't have any art and quite a few albums but in the end it's worth while.

Jukebox Stats...

viper

I created a file in each cd directory called cover, but i do not know exactly how to get the cd art in that folder. I tried config, I just click on the cd then hit get album cover, that did not work. What is the album art downloader? Any Help?
Thanks in advance
Viper

viper

I got the cover to come up as a blank white square, i just need to know how to get the picture now.

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

viper

Thank you very much it works perfect.
Viper

viper

Worked great except now I have a good amount of disks that have the correct album art, but they all say NO TAG. I have checked the properties of these files and they seem to match ones that are working? Any Help?
Thanks Again
Viper

Barcrest

You need to check that the tag is IDv2.2, there is an option in tag and rename to sync you V1 tags with your V2 tags.

Jukebox Stats...

viper

Do you know where that is i did not see it under config or the freebox?
Thank you

viper

I got the tag n rename program and that works well, but now i get a run time error 13 type mismatch and i cannot start config. Any Ideas? You have been a huge help.
Viper