Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Strange Performance observation

Started by Pinball, November 08, 2009, 04:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Looks like he needs the latest NVIDIA drivers at least i see he has Direct x   v 9.0c
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

Woody,

"Start the machine in safe mode and then set the screen res. compatible with ET then run ET"..

What resolution should I set ths at??

I just plugged this PC into a monitor I had here, not a touch screen for right now.

I remember that I wanted a higher resolution , but when I changed it (in the OPTIONS to the higher B&B skin, The E-touch image was very big and would not fit on the screen.

I will test more now.

Thanks.

Woody

Randy,

Set ET skin to 800x600 then shutdown and reboot using F8 for safe mode, when booting in safe mode the system boots to 800x600 or 1024x768 I don't recall which one but 800x600 is compatable.
The system will load only those processes that are required for booting, That will give you a good idea if there is a software problem or a hardware issue.

What about that ram ? how many sticks ? Your best bet would be to populate both slots with matching size and spec.

What about the Nvidia drivers ? the drivers that shipped with the board were not the current and need updating.

Woody       

kizer

Thats why I said he needs to make sure hes got the latest drivers directly from Nvidia. ITs a very common problem with those machines to make sure the Drivers are up todate as well as make sure you have the most up to date Bios installed.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Pinball

Woody, The skin is 800 x 600.  There is 1     2gb stick.

I am sending the pc in to the guy that built it and he is going to address the issues and make the changes necessary.  I'll report back next week I guess.

Thanks for everyones help!

Randy

Woody

Randy,

Even if you find the problem you should populate both memory slots, the reason being that the memory controller
will access twice as fast (move 2X data per clock) with two memory sticks no matter what their size, you may have enough memory but you don't have is setup optimally. I would almost bet the problems you are reporting are caused by BIOS interoperation in this single memory module configuration.

Woody

fordman

I agree with Woody. Get another stick of memory for the other slot.

Pinball, here is what the BIOS does, it reads that slot 1 has memory but the BIOS is set for 2 and when it searches for the second slot, it pauses trying to find it. Then after not finding it, it lets you continue but it is constantly searching for the other memory only to find an empty slot. So the searching process starts over and over.

As I read on the Zotac forum earlier, it was showing that those who had bought that particular system was having issues with the BIOS and memory. Sounds like this will be the case with Pinball's also.

:beer

Fordman

Pinball

PC shipped back.  They will install another 2 GB mem stick.  They are going to check everything out and ship it back next week. 

I told them about installing the latest Nvidia drivers.

Thanks.

Pinball

Just waiting for the PC to be returned.  It's out getting the performance issues addressed.  Needs to be done before Thanksgiving, as we have about 15 people coming that day.

We have 2 weeks to go and I won't have the PC back for a week, so that will leave me only a week to get the entire project done.

I bought 2 amps today, both Samson amps.  One was a Servo - 170 Power amp and the other is a 4 Channel 4060 Power amp.

I will be attaching 2 Klipsch CA5TW  8 ohm all weather speakers. These are used here in commercial applications and can be used outside as well.   I wanted to put a better ampand bigger speakers in, but I am running short on time . I have concerns about heat issues in the NSM wall box. 

I know a few of you have built e-touch boxes out  of the old NSM CD wall boxes and maybe you can provide some insight.

I want to put the amp inside the NSM if possible. I looked at a
CROWN XLS-202D 660 WATT POWER AMP. 

It said:

Ventilation Flow-through ventilation from front to back

Cooling Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling

Air Volume Requirements (per minute per unit) 80.15 ft3 (2.27 m3)

Dimensions: Width, Height, Depth XLS 202, 402, 602, 802: EIA

Standard 19"W (EIA RS-310-B) x 3.5" (8.9 cm) H x15.2" (38.6cm) D.

I think there are 2 fans that suck air in the front and blow it out the back.

My original plan is t use the Servo 170 amp and to put a cut - out in the center of the metal bottom shelf in the NSM, (that will provide air flow from the bottom vent up to above the metal tray. 

I am mounting the amp front control side down on standoffs on the top of the shelf.  The back end of the amp will be facing upwards toward the exhaust fan.

(In the back top left of my NSM I have installed a video cabinet fan that is about 5 square inches in size.  That is blowing out the back upper corner of the wall box.  There is a vent in the bottom of the NSM wall boa to allow air in.  I was thinking of adding another vidoe fan on the bottom inside to suck air into the cabinet).

I am really going to be pressed for time, so I may need to rely on the troops again to get me though on this one. 

Fordman, Woody, Kizer, Barry and all the troops......  It will be all hands on deck!  If this don't get done on time, I am goin' to take a beating, especially from the wife.

Now that I have the ability to post pictures, I will be sure to get a bunch of shots up for all to see.

Thanks!   :beer

Randy

Woody

Good luck, I will be watching for update on system.

Woody

fordman

Randy,

On my juke-cabinet I have a 7" fan pulling air in and one pulling it out. No heat issues at all. Also the back of the cabinet is peg-board for additional air flow.

Thats is an old pic. I have these 2 below that show the fans that I added:

Keeps the cabinet nice and cool!

The button on the back is a power button that turns it all on. I keep it hidden back there so no one can turn it on or off! Only 2 people in my house know that it is there!

:beer

Fordman

Pinball

My PC  builder had my new PC back over the weekend and determined that the performance issues that I was having trying to run e-Touch on this new box was related to the ATOM processor that the ZOTAC board had on it. 

This new pc was only running e-Touch and it was taking like 50 seconds to load the program until you could see the album covers on the first page.

He swaped out my Zotac mother board for another Zotac that could take a non ATOM processor and the e-Touch pgm loads in about 16 seconds or so!  Great!

HAS ANYONE RUN E-TOUCH ON AN ATOM?????????

Here is the new Zotac system specs: 

ZOTAC nForce 630i-ITX WiFi

Packing support for Intel® dual -core Socket LGA775 processor, the ZOTAC® nForce 630i-ITX WiFi is ready for all your processing demands. Paired with an NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7100 graphics core with support for DirectX 9 with Shader Model 4.0 support, the ZOTAC® nForce 630i-ITX WiFi is ready to meet your graphical demands as well.

Integrated 802.11b/g wireless enables the ZOTAC® nForce 630i-ITX WiFi to connect to wireless networks without installing additional and sometimes bulky wireless devices. The ZOTAC® nForce 630i-ITX WiFi also packs one PCI Express x1, two SATA 3.0 Gbps ports, one ATA133 port and 4GB of DDR2 memory for plenty of expansion room.

Pinball

Here is the link to the conclusion video of the performance testing to resolve the issues on my new Zotac PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39uOrR2z2ys

Should get my new FAST pc back on Thursday!!     :D

Barcrest

I know others run on the atom without issues. I have run it fine on a PIII albiet a little slower than my P4 based machines that i run it on now. I know some people have issues with the animations, they seem to depend on the graphics card and graphics card drives, there is some GDI in use which also seems to be effected by the graphics card. If you have an NVIDIA chip set you should see it is much snappier. This machine i am using as my dev machine right now has an intel card and it is slower. You can get an atom with the NVIDIA chipset on it i think that might give you better results.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

e-Touch is now running great on my new pc since the processor was changed. One thing I notice, comparing this to the last 2 boxes I built is that the videos look awesome.  First I had to put driveway markers in for the snow.I guess the video card makes a big difference. Does the 4 gb of memory help the videos?  They look super smooth and clear now..

I got the florecents working on my door tonight. I will be installing the amp and testing the speakers out tomorrow.

I need to take the NSM cabinet to the machine shop Monday.  I am having  some cuts made for fan exhaust and ventilation.

I have been on the phone alot this week with the Techs from e-Cast in California, and the NSM Techs in Chicago.

The touch screen I have is not an ELO .  It is an open frame and one of the techs told me it is a Zytouch from the UK!

It uses Projective  capacitance.  It reads though the glass it is positioned behind.  I am concerned that there may be some custom or proprietary software on the controller that was done for e-cast. I need to get 2    12v  sources to9 the monitor board and also the serial connector for the touch screen itself.

Then I can test it out.

If this monitor doesn't work, I am in bad shape as ELO no longer sells
Projective Capacitance monitors in the USA.

I can't cut a hole in the juke glass as it is tempered.

I may need to have the front glass redone in plexi with a hole cut and install an ELO monitor.

Randy

(By the way, my 12 pound ham and some kielbasa and pierogis arrived her today from a Polish deli in NJ.   16 people will be here for Thanksgiving on Thursday)!!!  Most people like turkey on TYhanksgiving , but we are partial to "Big Ass Ham" !