Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cant get anything to show on 2nd monitor or karaoke to play lyrics

Started by livetoride, July 21, 2012, 11:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livetoride

Thanks for your quick response! Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem either  :tommy! Any other ideas? I should mention that my 2nd monitor is running off a dvi to vga converter plugged straight into the back of the video card, could this have any bearing on things?

Barcrest

No it shouldn't matter because even if you only have 1 screen plugged in you should see the second screen appear just on the same screen. I only have 1 screen here and i can see the second screen on the same screen....

Do you have your monitors lined up properly in display settings? Oh please don't tell me it's this old chesnut again...  :D

The one you want as the second screen has to be positioned on the right of the main screen in display settings and be monitor 2. The tops have to alight up as well.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

livetoride

That's cool about the adaptor I didn't think it was but could have been a sujestion!
Unfortunately my settings are as you requested, identified as monitor 2 on the right side of main screen and the tops are aligned! I'll screen grab tonight to reconfirm!

Barcrest

Well as i say you should at least see the second screen showing even if it's on the main monitor.

Jukebox Stats...

livetoride

Ive had a win, i updated to v8 again and have come up with the screen shown below.

I just cant move this across to the 2nd monitor! Any ideas? Thanks alot

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

livetoride

Unfortunately it didn't move it when i changed to all of the 3 options available and it didnt move, just showed to texts in the white box artist and artist or something similiar.

Barcrest

Try this and see if this switches screens correctly for you.

Jukebox Stats...

livetoride

What a champion that worked perfectly! Dragged it onto the second screen I think it was and it worked straight away! Karaoke and videos are perfect! Thank you so much for all your help it's been beyond fantastic!

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

What was that program? I downloaded it but what did/does it do? I havent installed it. Just wondering if it should be included in E-Touch to help others in the future!

Fordman

livetoride

Fordman - It was a small exe file that helped identify my screens correctly, for some reason freebox wasn't doing this for me causing the 2nd monitor function not to work at all. This fixed my problem and ive only had to run it once and its been great since!