Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Song Facts

Started by Norman Marshall, January 31, 2016, 10:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Hi everyone,

is there a way to turn of the song facts? I've spent ages going through config and cant find it anywhere,
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Mark Norville

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, simply go into your etouch directory and either rename or delete songfacts.dat from the directory and then no information available to show.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Norman Marshall

Thought so, thanks mark
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Norman Marshall

Yep thanks mark that did the trick, I was getting slightly miffed of that the song facts were freezing up on the wrong artist, chances are updating to the latest release mite have dealt with it, I'm using a very early V9 release and I understand we're on V9.21 now, I haven't been around for a while

Mark Norville

I don't know part time admin and part time moderators lol

Yep gone to 9.21 now and a lot of bug fixes have been made from when I first joined I think that was about 9.4. The song facts is still not perfect they are not positioned properly and a lot cuts off at the end. I personally do not like the song facts as it adds a lot more work to the jukebox, it is a feature that for me can be scrapped unless there was a massive database that you could download but as new songs get added into the music World, to keep up with this would be horrendous.

I just typed into google and found this http://www.songfacts.com/ and it does have an api so that might be a future upgrade for Barry to do, if I don't sack him first ;)

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Norman Marshall

Its been well over a year since my juke was updated I mite be using a V8 release, my man room has had a serious overhaul and took from Halloween 2014 till now to have it back up and runnin as an American diner theme/dart room, even my database is  well out date, I think ur rite as far as the facts go, I don't use them so I don't need them, I don't have my juke connected the the net so wont even be able to update the song facts,