Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Etouch config

Started by fatfoot123, January 16, 2016, 04:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatfoot123

Hi there,
Example I've added Tove Lo Music Videos,if I search using sort / filter the artist is missing but appears in the normal search window. I've attached a screenshot
thanks fatfoot

Gaucho

Think I understand what you are saying, it doesn't show under filter by artist.

Does Tove Lo show up under normal album view not via search. It could be that the album artist tag is wrong as I have some various artist albums that will not show up under the filter by artist but obviously the track will show if I use the search page for a specific artist because it looks for tracks by artists rather than albums which is what the filter page does.

fatfoot123

Hi Gaucho
That's exactly right
Cheers fatfoot

Barcrest

Mark what do you have set as your image, Show first image found or a specified filename?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I have got show first image found and then I have folder.jpg as the only image. I will check my juke but it looks as if it is not downloading artist images for some reason. I have logo and banners but I could have sworn it downloaded the artist image as well?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Ah so it is the fanart that isn't downloading then? On that search screen it just displays the album covers, E-touch doesn't download those.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

The fanart I do not bother with myself I have that feature turned off but yes the album cover should be shown. It was working on 9.18 however does not seem to work now, I have not updated the jukebox as yet so what I will do is when I turn it on then I shall see what happens in search and then update and see if I get the same problem.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

So it isn't showing covers in the search if show first image found is used? I just need to be clear on the error so I can attempt to recreate it. Only 2 pages until we got to the actual error.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

That is indeed correct, it is not showing cover art if using use first image found. I just tested on my jukebox and that is running 9.20 but it was showing covers using first on 9.18 before.

I have all my album covers called folder.jpg now so that they show up when I am using explorer to go through albums and stuff.

Gaucho

Hi Mark, I know not ideal but would it be easy to rename all your folder.jpg to cover.jpg or create a copy called cover.jpg

Unfortunately you would have to re-run config to create the coversmall.jpg images.

Mark Norville

The cover small is ok for a machine such as windows xp, but I am running windows 7 with 8 gigs of ram I think it is. I know that Barry has 250,000 running on windows xp, but I really want to challenge that and see what it can do on Windows 7. If there are limitations on say Windows 7 or even 10 and Barry does not know about them, then obviously this can maybe changed as not every one will be running Windows xp such as those not using a cabinet.

At the moment I have two touch screens one in a cabinet and then one up on the wall both different monitors and sizes with the one on the wall I know that I could use windows 10 for, but I cannot on the cab.

The problem with having cover and then folder is obviously two images for one job, cover will just show a folder, but using folder.jpg shows me the artwork in that folder, so if I am browsing then I can instantly identify that album.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Although my juke has XP, my dev machine is windows 7 and that is where my collection is hooked up to. If I ever dig my jukebox out of the garage i will put a new pc inside running 7 so I can use the internet features.

Jukebox Stats...