Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bill Acceptor

Started by brahuna, February 11, 2010, 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brahuna

What is the best bill acceptor to use with this?  I want to build a jukebox, but have never dealt with connecting a bill acceptor to a PC.  Thanks!

Barcrest

Quote from: brahuna on February 11, 2010, 04:07:51 PM
What is the best bill acceptor to use with this?  I want to build a jukebox, but have never dealt with connecting a bill acceptor to a PC.  Thanks!

I suppose it depends on what country you are in as to what is availble to you. You will probably also want to purchase an ipac to aid connection and you will also require a commercial licence for the software to operate correctly with credits.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

brahuna

I am in the US.  I'm not sure what an ipac does, but I will Google it.

Barcrest

Quote from: brahuna on February 11, 2010, 04:37:05 PM
I am in the US.  I'm not sure what an ipac does, but I will Google it.

You can get the ipac from ultimarc. It basically interfaces the bill acceptor with the pc to allow it to recieve key presses when bills are accepted. These key presses are then accepted by E-Touch and are turned into credits.

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

Barry, is there any way a home user could attach a coin acceptor? I quite fancy using my juke as a piggy bank...10p a song or something small would add up to a nice rainy day's nestegg...

Barcrest

Quote from: leeclark2612 on February 12, 2010, 06:20:47 AM
Barry, is there any way a home user could attach a coin acceptor? I quite fancy using my juke as a piggy bank...10p a song or something small would add up to a nice rainy day's nestegg...

Yeah pay me $250 and you can do it.  :D

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

brahuna,

I've got a Mars Bill Acceptor Series 2000 (AE2600 Series) if you're interested. I'm not using it and all it would need is the IPac card, as there are pin outs to connect it to the Coin connection on the IPac. Let me know if you're interested.

leeclark2612

Quote from: Barcrest on February 12, 2010, 10:11:44 AM

Maybe if i win the lottery lol...£125 is one expensive piggy bank!

Barcrest

Quote from: leeclark2612 on February 13, 2010, 09:41:14 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on February 12, 2010, 10:11:44 AM

Maybe if i win the lottery lol...£125 is one expensive piggy bank!

This is true, however once i enable the coin functions i have no way of knowing if you are using this commercially.

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

Yeah and £160 is an even more expensive piggy bank (at today's exchange rate!)