Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Compilation Albums

Started by Beerwolf, September 24, 2013, 02:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerwolf

Hey guys, I have an issue with various artist albums. I have them tagged so the artist = various artist, and the title = title-artist. This makes them come up correctly on the album cover page. The issue I am having is searching for these songs. They won't show up if I search for artist. How do you suggest I do various artist albums like "now that What I call Music" albums. I can retag them correctly and it shows the first songs artist as the album artist. Any help???

Barcrest

You always need artist tagged as artist and title as title. E-Touch will see the artists differ across the album and put it as various.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Beerwolf

"You always need artist tagged as artist and title as title. E-Touch will see the artists differ across the album and put it as various."

I tried this and when it comes up on album screen it shows the first song's artist as the artist not Various.

Barcrest

Quote from: Beerwolf on September 27, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
"You always need artist tagged as artist and title as title. E-Touch will see the artists differ across the album and put it as various."

I tried this and when it comes up on album screen it shows the first song's artist as the artist not Various.

Is that in the config or just the app?

Anyone else seeing this?

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on September 27, 2013, 01:29:31 PM

Anyone else seeing this?
I'm trying this with V9 latest beta and etouch uses the album name as artist.  Instead of various.

Barcrest

Quote from: alemar02 on January 21, 2014, 02:01:12 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on September 27, 2013, 01:29:31 PM

Anyone else seeing this?
I'm trying this with V9 latest beta and etouch uses the album name as artist.  Instead of various.

If the tags are set correctly on a compilation album so you have each track tagged with the correct artist then E-Touch will call it Various Artists. Are you 100% sure your tags are correct?

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on January 21, 2014, 08:20:42 AM

If the tags are set correctly on a compilation album so you have each track tagged with the correct artist then E-Touch will call it Various Artists. Are you 100% sure your tags are correct?
[/quote]
99% sure but I will check again today before I go to work and confirm.  the folder structure doesn't matter right? 

Risim

100% sure on tags!  I just checked and it doesn't name it various artist but it gives it the album name.

Barcrest

Quote from: alemar02 on January 21, 2014, 12:22:14 PM
100% sure on tags!  I just checked and it doesn't name it various artist but it gives it the album name.

It is the tags, open up one of the albums in tag & rename and post a screen shot of the album showing the correct tags. There is nothing in the code at all to make it do this. No one else has reported the issue either apart from those who have had bad tags. Are these MP3 albums?

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Its not the tags...It ME  :tommy.   I have checked use album name in compilation on the config.  Sorry about that Barry. :tommy  :beer

Barcrest

Quote from: alemar02 on January 21, 2014, 02:06:04 PM
Its not the tags...It ME  :tommy.   I have checked use album name in compilation on the config.  Sorry about that Barry. :tommy  :beer

Hahahaha I never looked at that myself  :tommy I did think about that but never looked in your image. Sorry.

Jukebox Stats...