Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Wireless remote speakers ??

Started by Pinball, June 17, 2010, 09:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

My E-touch is in the family room. I have a 2 zone amp. I would like to put remote speakers out in the garage and have them play off of the 2nd zone side of the AMP.   (No way to run speaker wire to the garage)

Is there a device that can be hooked to the Juke amp and wirelessly transmit like 50 feet out to the garage so I can have working speakers out there????

I guess there would need to be a receiving piece in the garage that the speakers are hooked to...

Barcrest

There is no way to transmit the power of the amp wirelessly, at least that has been made availble to the public and prototype methods of transmitting power wirelessly over a distance tend to cause cancer as they do it with microwaves. However you could just split the audio coming from the PC and use an fm transmitter to transmit the line level sound to a radio. Or you could get some wirless active spaekers and do the same trick by splitting the PC output.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I don't recall the name of the product, but I was at Best Buy a few months ago and they do have a small sender/reciever setup that you hookup to your amp. Of course on the other end there is a black box that you hook your speakers up to and a power cord.

If I recall the price wasn't to bad it was something like 49.95
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

Here's something from Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+Universal+Wireless+Rear+Speaker+Kit/8275528.p;jsessionid=A74423C4B3D812847E6B5AEAFB115F7A.bbolsp-app05-24?id=1171058476489&skuId=8275528 Rocketfish, it's a sender you plug into your receiver and a receiver that you plug your speakers into, goes upto 100'. I'm sure there are others out there that do the same thing, just have to do a search on it.

Pinball

Thanks..  I'm heading to Best Buy for Fathers day!!!!

Barcrest

These things don't transmit an amplified signal though do they? Does the reciever amplifiy it?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mahkeymike

Quote from: Barcrest on June 20, 2010, 01:12:49 PM
These things don't transmit an amplified signal though do they? Does the reciever amplifiy it?

In most of these type setups, the speakers have built-in amplifiers.They do require a local power source.