Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Generating Thumbnails

Started by Neonkiss, December 13, 2009, 03:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neonkiss

I see in the tutorials that you need to add the thumbnails to the files. I assume that you have to do this manually, By adding the images as cover and coversmall.
Is there a way this is done thru the software in the E-Touch Config?
I do see where you can tick "generate image thumbnails" but after I run that, I don't see the images in the album folders.

Could someone please explain how to do this through the software automatically to avoid a lot of cut and pasting of images.

ecbrad

You have to at least have a cover images already in the album folder. Make sure it's a jpeg or even a bmp file.

The config tool will copy it, rename the copy to cover.*** and generate the thumbnail coversmall.*** if you selected it too. I now always rename the album cover to cover.jpg first as I hate having the extra file in there.

It might be a good option in the software to delete the original once it creates it OR to rename it rather than copy it Barry?

Cheers,
Brad

fordman

Ecbrad is correct, you need some sort of image in the folder. 99% of the time it is an album cover but really you can put any pic in there, but usually the album cover is the best. The reason for a cover.jpg and coversmall.jpg is for quicker browsing. ?huh?

The cover.jpg should be no larger than 400x400. The coversmall.jpg should be no larger than 170x170. This makes the pages flow quicker. The larger images take a few seconds more to load up if you use them on the main album screen. If you use the coversmall.jpg then it cuts the loading time by about 2/3rds.

To find covers, get them from google image search, Amazon.com, WalMart.com or even ebay for some really obscure stuff. After you save them to your music/artist/album folder name it cover.jpg and make sure it is no larger than 400x400. Many many programs out there that will let you resisze the image, I use www.irfanview.com .

When you run the config, tick the 'Generate Image Thumbnails' and make sure the Source of the cover is named cover.jpg . Then make sure the small thumbnail is named coversmall.jpg. Set the coversmall.jpg size to 170x170. Run the config and after the audio database is complete you will see all your cover.jpg's creating coversmall.jpg's flashing across he screen at a very quick speed!

Give that a try and let us knw how it works for you!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Because of how it generates the small covers make sure the config is in the forground with nothing else runnign and the mouse pointer is out of the way.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...