Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

error 52 on specific albums

Started by dedos, November 06, 2009, 04:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedos

I have some various artist CD's (don't laugh) freestyle dance classics (for the wife) that are listing fine on FBox but when i go into the tracklist it produces the following error:

Error: 52 Occured

Bad filename or number
module: form1
function: tracklist_2

I since truncated the folder name since it was long and I also retagged it to make sure nothing in the track number was wrong but still same error.

It only happens to these Freestyle albums I have.

Another odd thing that was happening with these albums was that it taking a random fan art and applying it.  I initially deleted all the fan art just for trouble shooting purposes but the error still occured.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Dedos.

Pinball

I just got the same error on my desk system.  I started E-touch 5.0.22 and selected an album,  I got:

E-Touch V 5 - Error

Bad File Name or Number
Module : Form 1

Function Track List 2

Each time I select this album I get that message.  When I hit OK to the error message, the box goes away, then I can select a track from that album and it plays.

I can select other albums no problem and then when I go back to that Error album, I get the same error message again.

What I notice is that in E-Touch config, on the Left, if I click on the drive and the folder holding the artists and albums, the Error Artist is listed.

But on the right side when I scroll down the Error Artist is not in the list at all.

This is a regular Jimmy Ruffin CD that has been here from the get go and that has been played many times w/ no issue before.

I removed The Jimmy Ruffin artist from the directory and restored it and reran config.  Same error.  I also found a Temptations album w/ the same error.

Temptations are the Left side in config but on the right side when I scroll down the Temptations album is not in the list at all.

:tommy

Barcrest

Are these ablums using the album name for the artist or do they display various artists?

Are you using fanart on these albums?

Are you sure the album images are fine. Try renaming the images so they don't load do you see the error then?

I have just gone through a load of compilation albums and i couldn't recreate the error.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

Barry,

They are both using the Album name for the Artist:

Twentieth Century Masters-
   The Millinium Collection-
  The best of Jimmy Ruffin

and

Twentieth Century Masters-
   The Millinium Collection-
  The best of The Temptations

One thing that is wierd is that the albums show up on the left side of the config in the Artist Directory,  But they are not found anywhere on the Right side....

Here is the Freaky thing now!!!!

I am also having a problem with videos not playing (not viewable, the sound track from them is audible). I see a truncated NOW Playing image where the video thumbnail should appear.

Any how...  I have loaded and re-installed the codecs on my new maChine a dozen times.  No good.

If you recall ,I had built a box for my daughters college dorm room a month or so ago and rushed it out with 5.0.18.  Videos were working then on that machine, (and on my desktop test system).

Well this morning I'm on the desltop test machine that now has v 5.0.22 loaded just like the New box.  I play a video in the desk top test machine and guess what, NO GOOD! 

I see a truncated NOW Playing image where the video thumbnail should appear.   >:(

It used to work.  Never tested videos on the test machine since going up to 5.0.22.

Renamed the 5.0.22 e-touch directory on the test machine. Re-installed
v 5.0.18 on the test machine.

Re-ran config.   Selected Music...  Jimmy Ruffin- 

NO:

E-Touch V 5 - Error

Bad File Name or Number
Module : Form 1

Function Track List 2

Did the same for Temptations album-   No error.

Went to the FFDShow item and clicked on it.

Clicked on CODECS on Left.

Looked on right for MP4.. 

Where it said   OTHER Mpeg files, to the right of it it listed variations of the OTHER types....   I Right clicked ther and an option came up that said Change all valid types to Libavcodec.  I selected that option and hit Apply.

Then I restarted E-Touch on the test machine, Selected a video and it Played perfectly!!!

I re-installed the 5.0.22 version.  Guess what.  The Videos don't play now.   

I looked at the FFDShow , CODECS , Other MPEG4 and it was already set to LibaCodecs..   So I right clicked to the right again, Changed the option this time to XVID, hit apply. 

THen I right clicked again, Changed it back to Libacodecs, Apply.

Restarted e-touch 5.0.22 on the test machine and Videos work great, as well as no V5 - error on the Jimmy Ruffin and Temp albums. 

Duplicated the same on the new Machine and all is well....

I sure hope you can figure out what the problem was.  I got the work around , but I'm not sure at all what the problem was or how it was resolved by taking those steps. 

I need to post this over on the item for the Video issue as well so they can see my work around.   

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

I know how to do a screen print, but I don't know how to paste it into the message here.

draginit

put the jpg url between these [ img ][ /img] (use no spaces)

or click additional options and upload image..but the other way is betta.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Pinball

Sounds like I would need to put the jpg out on an online photo server it sounds like, and I haven't done any of that yet...

Something else to learn I guess...

draginit

myspace, facebook, photobucket, flickr, snapfish, imageshack, tinypic ....just to name a few..  ;)
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

dedos

That's nuts pinball. Thanks for that info. I'll try to put up some screen shots. I have not seen the errors In videos yet since I'm still testing and gathering videos.

Hard to believe that codecs would produce these errors on just the music side.

Barcrest

I have been testing with videos maybe i should build a music library and test. Are these albums MP3? Or some other form.

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

All my music files are mp3's .  I only had the problem on 2 of the 800 albums.  The funny thing was that the albums showed in config in the directory on the left, but they were nowhere on the right side..

Barcrest

Not sure what you mean about the left and right..

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

When you go into the e-Touch config and Select Audio on the upper Left, below that you see the Directory   C: drive   Music Folder and Artist Folders...

On the Right side of the screen about half way down you see:

Artist   Album   Path   Date Added      Genre

The 2 albums I was getting the   Error 52 on were listed on the Left under the Artist,    but were not found on the Right  under Artist  Album Path, etc... 

My problem with this is resolved now.

Thanks. 

dedos

My albums has all the information listed and still get an error.