Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Updating DB!!

Started by Risim, November 28, 2010, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Hey guys I know this must have been asked before but I cant find it.  How do I add cds to my existing db?  I mean right now I'm genertating my music files every time I add new cds.  I guess it has to be with update button button I guess I 'm doing something wrong b/c I click it and I dont get my new cds to show.  Another thing does the update button also add artist and genre or do you have to use generate button everytime you have a new artist or genre to add?  Thanks in advance!! :beer

Barcrest

Easiest and quickest way is to generate each time.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Oh! Ok, but then I cant use the newly added feature, right?

Barcrest

Yes you can, put a tick in use modified date to use the albums folder modified date as the date it was added. This is what I am doing ant it works great, much easier than the method I was using before with the update button.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on November 29, 2010, 12:23:19 PM
Yes you can, put a tick in use modified date to use the albums folder modified date as the date it was added.

I think I get it but can you clarify a bit, thanks.

Sparky23

Barry means if you have that option checked and the day you add new albums and regenerate your library those albums will use the date on the day you added them and none of the other albums will use it so the ones you just added will show up as being new.

Risim

allroy

I don't know why...or if it's just me...or what, but I've been trying to find a way to automate this.  It takes a REALLY long time to generate a new thing each time you add some new songs...well...at least for me it was taking about 5 hours. 

Running Config 4.exe with switches seemed to only make it worse /Update would just hang and /Generate took FOREVER.  Literally over 4 hours.

however opening the app, and clicking the Generate button made it go REALLY fast (and seems to work).

So I wrote a little AutoHotKey Script that would do all that for me.  It's pretty simple really, but it seems awesome to me - Granted, I've not even booted Freebox since what seems like an early version of 5.

So when I started working on getting my Juke up and running again, I threw 6 on and started trying to figure out how to get this to work well and quickly.  This seems to be doing the trick for me. 

Here's the script:
Run "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Config 4.exe"
WinWaitActive, E-Touch Config
Send {Tab 15}
Send {Enter}

Loop
{
ifwinexist, E-Touch Config
send, {Esc}
Ifwinnotexist, E-Touch Config
return
}

So it just runs the program, waits until it's open, hits the Tab key 15x (that's how many times you have to hit tab to get to the "Generate Database" Button) and then Enter.  Boom.  There goes the database...
now...because of the prompts that are thrown about "finished searching" and "No Errors found", I have it set in a loop checking to see if the program is still open.  if it is, it will send an "Escape" keystroke.  the ENTER key and SPACE key both force a pop up in Config 4.exe so that only slows us down.  an escape keystroke is ignored by the app, but is an acceptable keystroke to clear those pop ups.  :)

I mean...obviously you have to have you defaults and stuff set in Config 4.exe.  I think I was having issues with them saving them so I just edited the config.ini until I had all the boxed checked that I wanted.  :)

Don't know if I was doing something wrong, or if this will help anyone..but..I hope so! 

maybe I'm the only one who was experiencing that slowness?

Risim

Quote from: allroy on December 04, 2010, 04:38:04 AM
Running Config 4.exe with switches seemed to only make it worse /Update would just hang and /Generate took FOREVER.  Literally over 4 hours.
:o

I dont know if this helps when I first started I too noticed that config was take along time to do its thing.  After hours of checking my db I notice I had problem with my tags.  I was changing them with Mp3tag but it just wasnty doing the trick I then switch to tag & rename and tags that I thought where fine where not.  Another this was config froze on certaion cds these cds for some reason do not play on Wmp but do on Winamp,  I never figured this out so I just erased those cds.  For me with over 9000 songs in my db config takes about 1-2minutes it does its job pretty fast. There must be something wrong on your end I suggest you first check you tags also see if config takes a long time on a paticular cd it maybe corrupt.  Hope this helps. :beer 

Cary_B

I think your overthinking the whole thing.  I have my config set up to build the whole database new every time, checking pretty much every option but overwright coversmall.jpg (You don't want this checked.)  Make sure you check use folder added date, and as a precaution, I check the clear checkboxes also.

When you have it working like you want, yes, it takes about 4 or 5 minutes on my 11,000 song library, but thats ok.

I now set it to run E-Touch when it is finished generating the database.

Now, I put this line into a .bat file, name it "Start Up the Jukebox", and drop the .bat file in my winXP startup folder.  

START /WAIT "" "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 6\config 4.exe" /DEFAULT /NEW Records

(If you know DOS, run config 4.exe with the /? comannd, and it will give you all the switches it uses.)

Now, set up Freebox the way you want it, and when you get it all set correctly, set the Shutdown E-Touch button (I set it to 4:30am), and the option to reboot, restart, exit to windows, etc. to REBOOT.  (I also had to set windows to use 24 hour time mode, as using AM/PM wouldn't let it shut down correctly at some times. )

Now, E-Touch runs 24 hours a day, and at 4:30 a.m. it shuts down, reboots windows, updates the configu files, and restarts.  I have had the jukebox running now for a month, and I have not had to touch it other than to input musiic.  I have it set up on my home network, so when I have new music, I just copy it to the MUSIC directory, and in the morning, it adds it for me.

I am working on a way to get it to add music using a Flash drive, without having to resort to any other software than windows. That way I can get if off my network, and make it truly standalone.

eist1

Cary,

Not sure if this would work for you but Kizer posted this awhile back for copying from a USB Drive

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2784.0

http://www.usbflashcopy.com/

Barcrest

I will look at why the command line is slower it should be quicker if anything  ???

Jukebox Stats...

allroy

Quote from: alemar02 on December 04, 2010, 11:38:04 AM
Quote from: allroy on December 04, 2010, 04:38:04 AM
:o

I dont know if this helps when I first started I too noticed that config was take along time to do its thing.  After hours of checking my db I notice I had problem with my tags.  I was changing them with Mp3tag but it just wasnty doing the trick I then switch to tag & rename and tags that I thought where fine where not.  Another this was config froze on certaion cds these cds for some reason do not play on Wmp but do on Winamp,  I never figured this out so I just erased those cds.  For me with over 9000 songs in my db config takes about 1-2minutes it does its job pretty fast. There must be something wrong on your end I suggest you first check you tags also see if config takes a long time on a paticular cd it maybe corrupt.  Hope this helps. :beer 

The files are tagged the same weather I launch the gui and click the buttons or run it via command line.  I don't understand how that is the issue.

The first part of my batch file runs a robocopy of all my music, then generates a new new database, it used to do it from a command prompt and now does it through a AHK script (exe).
Quote from: Barcrest on December 04, 2010, 03:31:59 PM
I will look at why the command line is slower it should be quicker if anything  ???

exactly.  it's the same program, running with the same switches..but for some reason when I Run it from a command promt with switches, it runs REALLY slow.

in my batch file, right before the ""config 4.exe" /default /New Records" part I'm running an echo %time% > time.txt and after config 4 I run an echo %time% >> time.txt so I can see the time it started and stopped.

I"m not making my times up.  :P

if there's anything I can do to help you track down the problem barry, let me know.  If I'm the only person who's having the problem, don't worry about it.  :)  I found my solution.  :P

allroy

DAMNIT!  I'm not a coder by any stretch. I have a hard time with this stuff.  It tooke me like 5 hours or so to get my AHK script working...and now Barry's fixed the problem.   :chad

DAMN!

Well...thanks a lot Barry.   :beer

FYI - here are the results from my last 2 time commands via the command line:

12:24:45.54
12:34:39.31

10 minutes is totally awesome!

Cary_B

Quote from: eist1 on December 04, 2010, 03:12:32 PM
Cary,

Not sure if this would work for you but Kizer posted this awhile back for copying from a USB Drive

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2784.0

http://www.usbflashcopy.com/

Thanks.. I saw that and tried it, but didn't like it.  I am working on a way to automate it without that program.  I am currently using TweakUI, from Microsoft, and have it autorunning a .bat file when I insert any flash drive.  Just have to make the time to figure out the exact lines to put in the .bat file, and am working on a way to only run the .bat file when I put in a certain Flash Drive, not just any flash drive. 

I'll post back when I have more success. (And more time.  Christmas time in retail.  Bah Humbug.....)