Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

video surfer

Started by jukejohn, April 26, 2011, 12:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

got myself a dead video surfer removed pc and fitted a power supply but still
dead so presume its the mobo but before i decide to gut it and fit my own system
in there do any of you have any infoe about these i know barry and a couple
of other members have had something to do with these  ???

Barcrest

I have one, you can just put a normal PC inside. The only thing I have not done is use the coin mech on it as I just have not had the time to look at hooking it up in some way. Make sure the PC you put in as an SVIDEO out so you can hook it up to the second screen and use the multi composite video card for extra screens.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

yes ive allready started might stick a ipac in and run the coin mech

cant beleive how heavy these are i have removed the power supply
and that made some difference and the pc removed but that door
is the main weight problem mounted the bracket and going to hang
it on the wall and fit it together from there

aussie8ball

I've never seen inside a Sound Surfer but maybe the battery died & the bios has gone back to default setting which is probably power off after ac power loss .So before you chuck the old motherboard, try this: replace battery, hook up old crt (tube) computer monitor & power supply & old keyboard (not usb).
Now you gotta find the power on switch on the board which isn't probably there, so you can either find a manual for the motherboard which tells you where the switches go or they may be written on the board. OR while its turned on run a screwdriver across pins where you think the on/off switch could be & IF you bridge the right two pins it might turn on. If it does press probably delete to get into bios & make the necessary settings

jukejohn

thanks aussie
but did all that sometime ago

ive got some mpg sl screen savers of the hd which do look cool but you cant
run them from a standard windows settings is there any way you can do this
would look smart
barry i could zip them up and send to you

aussie8ball

I had a old jukebox hardrive, even though it didn't work in the intended jukebox anymore, it did work as a slave on my pc & did have heeps of cool images

jukejohn

ive got some mpg sl screen savers of the hd which do look cool but you cant
run them from a standard windows settings is there any way you can do this
would look smart
barry i could zip them up and send to you
[/quote]

can anybody come up with anything for these they are cool got 3 of them
either as a screen saver or atract mode

Barcrest

Can you play the sound leisure music videos? I wrote a util that renames them to their correct name using artist - track.mpg I think it's posted on here somewhere. The attract mode stuff on the video surfer i had was SWF files. If those attract mode videos are standard MPG's they should just play.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

ok i havent finnished my surfer project will take a look
would be handy if you could give me the link for the util when you get time  :beer

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on April 29, 2011, 11:37:35 AM
ok i havent finnished my surfer project will take a look
would be handy if you could give me the link for the util when you get time  :beer

Just search it on here i think it's called sound leisure tool.

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=3378.0

There i re-posted it for you.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

leeclark2612

If the PC will not power up, make sure the PURPLE flylead is connected, this is part of the WATCHDOG circuit, and on some of the older pc's, forms part of the POWER circuit, meaning without it, no powerup...a standard PC power supply could be easily modified to replace it if that turns out to be the problem, also, dont throw the PC away, someone will give you a fair bit of £ for it as they are still worth in excess of £400 to buy as replacements!

Barcrest

Quote from: leeclark2612 on May 18, 2011, 06:56:30 AM
If the PC will not power up, make sure the PURPLE flylead is connected, this is part of the WATCHDOG circuit, and on some of the older pc's, forms part of the POWER circuit, meaning without it, no powerup...a standard PC power supply could be easily modified to replace it if that turns out to be the problem, also, dont throw the PC away, someone will give you a fair bit of £ for it as they are still worth in excess of £400 to buy as replacements!

Seriously, i have one sitting at work. It might actually have hit the skip already.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

yes seen that when i put it on the bench did wonder what it was i see it goes to the f panel connectors
whats the mod for this to power pc up
also anybody got a spare top video monitor for one of these mine is showing black speckles on images

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on May 19, 2011, 05:41:11 PM
yes seen that when i put it on the bench did wonder what it was i see it goes to the f panel connectors
whats the mod for this to power pc up
also anybody got a spare top video monitor for one of these mine is showing black speckles on images

The speckles might be interference. The top screen is just an SVIDEO screen i don't think it's a VGA screen. I need a right hand side panel for mine and the wall mounting bracket if anyone has either. To be honest i might end up selling mine if i can't get it wall mounted.

Jukebox Stats...