Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Opinions Please

Started by Norman Marshall, June 13, 2011, 02:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Hi Guys,
          Ive been fiddling around with photoshop to get ideas for my next skin project and this is what ive come up so far, Feel free to coment  ;D ;D ;D

Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Cary_B

They all look great, but the one with the check mark, and the one that says eject really stand out to me.

Barcrest

Yeah the check mark one looks really nice.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

The check mark style is the style i am toying with right now but on some buttons the font isnt looking
to good, Im using photoshop cs5 so i have a shed loads of fonts to choose from LOL, I guess its a matter of time before i find the right font
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

coffee

Check mark one looks great.

ecbrad

I like the last one. Classy look and will skin nicely with the square border in my opinion.

Brad

Hitbig

Glenn :
About a glossy black button??

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Hitbig on June 14, 2011, 03:36:01 AM
Glenn :
Like this one hitbig?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on June 14, 2011, 08:52:14 AM
Quote from: Hitbig on June 14, 2011, 03:36:01 AM
Glenn :
Like this one hitbig?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is really nice but the font is to fancy, As I have suggested previously AIREL tends to be the best for clear text. Do you think you could make a set of those to replace the menu buttons with the font as arial?

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

I have to say that ariel does look very nice on this button but do you think i could get away with a shadow or leave it plain ariel?

Barcrest

Plain ariel, the one with the shadow looks less like a button.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Plain ariel it is then, Ill be making a start in the next couple of days and now ive found a different way of making the buttons hopefully i wont have problems with transparentcy like i have in the past

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on June 14, 2011, 02:10:26 PM
Plain ariel it is then, Ill be making a start in the next couple of days and now ive found a different way of making the buttons hopefully i wont have problems with transparentcy like i have in the past

There are 3 ways to fix the transparency issue.

1 is to make the image a transparent GIF like coffe does, this works ok.
2 make the background colour of the image unique in that it is not used anywhere else on the image
3 is to use a transparent PNG and for me to change the code.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quote3 is to use a transparent PNG and for me to change the code.
I'll be able to make very very nice looking skins.

Norman Marshall

Quote from: coffee on June 14, 2011, 05:52:55 PM
Quote3 is to use a transparent PNG and for me to change the code.
I'll be able to make very very nice looking skins.
Coffee does this mean youll be wanting a copy of these buttons in PNG format? if so do you want them Alpha channel, Indexed or True colour?