Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

collections

Started by jukejohn, June 20, 2011, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

not quite got this collection thingy is it like genras/filter and how is it done
would a tutorial explain it better
bet im not on my own with this  ??? but im sure
its a cool thingy if i could use it  ;D

Barcrest

Use the cvr tool to make your own cvr files and put them in the collections folder. you will also need an image with the same name.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

so if the cvr creates a pop collection you will need a jpg named pop
would this also be able to do subfolders say rock-classic rock - folk rock
or have i got it wrong
also any chance of a image of this collection options

jukejohn

played with the collections and its quite cool but that was on my laptop to
see how it works but to stand in front of my jukebox with a massive collection
would be a no no
unless im missing something could be a hell of alot of work  ???

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on June 21, 2011, 12:00:26 PM
played with the collections and its quite cool but that was on my laptop to
see how it works but to stand in front of my jukebox with a massive collection
would be a no no
unless im missing something could be a hell of alot of work  ???

Once you have set up CVR files it should not be a huge amount of work. If you set up something like rolling stone magazines top 500 albums that will not change once it's set up.

You can open CVR files from the collections using the drop down to add albums to existing collection CVR files.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

ok still finding my way around it sure could make good use of this  :beer

eist1

This actually sounds like it could be used for Album Playlists like Tom's Albums or something like that so if there are new albums out that are listened to alot you could just put all of those Albums in there. Could the Random Play have a choice to use a Collection? That way if I had 10 Albums in Tom's Albums and I chose Random Play on Tom's Albums, it would just use those Albums. Just an idea...

Barcrest

Quote from: eist1 on June 21, 2011, 12:56:50 PM
This actually sounds like it could be used for Album Playlists like Tom's Albums or something like that so if there are new albums out that are listened to alot you could just put all of those Albums in there. Could the Random Play have a choice to use a Collection? That way if I had 10 Albums in Tom's Albums and I chose Random Play on Tom's Albums, it would just use those Albums. Just an idea...

Yeah you can set it up that way, I was thinking of adding support for random play on these so i will do that also.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

will it do a mass collection say in your music you have a file named rock with
about 200 albums in can you get it to batch them or do you have to do each
album in that file manualy
or have i just not got what this is about still :-[

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on June 21, 2011, 01:44:32 PM
will it do a mass collection say in your music you have a file named rock with
about 200 albums in can you get it to batch them or do you have to do each
album in that file manualy
or have i just not got what this is about still :-[

You do each album individually or make it copy all of the selected genre. So for rock i highlighted a rock album and clicked copy all selected genre and then I did the same with Heavy metal etc and saved that out as rock.cvr so you don't have to do it individually you can group genres fairly easilly. You can of course copy individual albums. Or you can point it to a txt file with a list of albums and it will try and match those and copy those across which is how i did rolling stone magazines top 500 albums.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

ok think i got know gonna play a bit more  :beer

jukejohn

wow so cool dude just did a sample with rock and selected genre and works
spoton
would like to see a nice glamed up page for this with maybe larger genre covers
but its early days
you rock dude  :tommy  :beer

eist1

If Coffee could just make a "Collections" Title for the page that matches the others, we could use that to create the Collections Page.

eist1

Barry,

Could you also add the name of the Collection to the bottom of the image like it is on the Genre screen? Right now it's just an image which it is hard to find an image exactly named what the Collection is.

Barcrest

Quote from: eist1 on June 21, 2011, 03:17:18 PM
Barry,

Could you also add the name of the Collection to the bottom of the image like it is on the Genre screen? Right now it's just an image which it is hard to find an image exactly named what the Collection is.

This is why you need to make the images yourself really...

VB has a limit on the amount of controls you can place on one form and we are constantly on that limit which is why I did not add labels. I guess I could add labels with some tweaking. This collections thing has turned out creating me more work than I expected. I really need to get 7.0.09 out of the door really so I will probably just add a little more polish... Not 100% sure yet see how much time I get to work on things this week.

Jukebox Stats...