Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Dual screen setup? Again.

Started by Risim, May 08, 2013, 02:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Sorry guys but i've been reading for hours and done lots of things with no luck.  I finnally got my dual setup going and I extended my desktop and play my videos on my flat screen and look awesome but with etouch I cannt get the videos to show full screen.  I chose differnt display 1 then 2then 3 but they all show on the primary display.  I read that the 2nd monitor (not primary) should be on the left of the primary screen.  Did that and nothing. I sat it to the right to the left on top and nothing still get the same result.  Then I read that display mark 2 should be on the left but this is my primary display.  I dont know, am I missing something??? :-[ :-[ :-[

Barcrest

Screen 2 should be to the right of screen 1 in the properties for you to see the videos, if you want them full screen make sure you don't have now playing shown on second screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on May 08, 2013, 07:54:51 AM
Screen 2 should be to the right of screen 1 in the properties for you to see the videos, if you want them full screen make sure you don't have now playing shown on second screen.

Did this and it works it goes to full screen but on my primary monitor.  I did see that windows identifes my primary monitor as 2 and my flat screen as 1.  But the video card driver properties has my primary as 1 and my flat screen as 2.  Can this be causing the error?  I have been googling it but with no luck.  I chose 1 on etouch setting and the video plays full screen behind etouch then I choose 2 and get the same results.  finnaly I chose 3 and i does not go to full screen but it show the album art, some stars, and to the right you can see the edge of the video playing?  I'm at a lose...

Risim

Still no luck.  the funny thing is the first time I pluged the flat screen in it worked fine the only thing was it was not goin to full screen.  Then I read in the forum about the postioning of the monitor and did that and now all hell has broken thru.  :tommy

Gaucho

Try leaving the second screen switched on, select the second screen in etouch 1, 2 or 3 (mine is 3) select all under use second monitor for.

Save settings close etouch and reboot PC leaving second screen switched on. When you restart etouch it should be O.K.

I had similar symptons with video behind etouch and this is the only thing that fixed it. You have to have the second screen on before you boot your PC or windows doesn't see it straight away and screws up the etouch settings.

There is a post here somewhere explaining a similar solution.

Risim

Thanks gaucho I'll try right away.  I read a couple of topics on this forum but had no luck.  Let me try this and see. :beer

Risim

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks alot guys got it perfect!!!!!!!!   :beer  ;D  :beer  ;D

Barcrest

Yeah it's a bit fiddly to get it working but when you get there it's all good. It's something i am looking at making more user friendly in the future but as it works i has not been high priority.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

I running latest beta with geni skin and all is good.  I love the added to queue option it looks very pro barry. :beer  The thing that is not working properly is the messaging?  It doesn't show up or when it does its for a split second. also when it is enabled the added to queue doesn;t show?

Barcrest

Quote from: alemar02 on May 08, 2013, 07:52:36 PM
I running latest beta with geni skin and all is good.  I love the added to queue option it looks very pro barry. :beer  The thing that is not working properly is the messaging?  It doesn't show up or when it does its for a split second. also when it is enabled the added to queue doesn;t show?

Never had a problem with the messages not showing, however the added to queue not showing when a message is enabled is a known bug.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

ok let me try it with another skin and I'll report back.  :beer

Risim

Another question guys I was searching the forum for ways to display something on the second screen while etouch is idling and found a topic stating we should use wallpaper changer.  I am doing this but when I turn on etouch I still get a blank screen on the 2nd monitor.  Any ideas I apologize if this has been asked before.

Risim

Been all day working with etouch and it seems everytime I find something new, or atleast new to me.  Do the now playing adverts work already?  What does it do exactly?  I read bits and pieces on the forum but nothing exact. Where can I get video adverts or audio adverts?  Am a little lost but thrilled as well!!! :beer

Barcrest

For those they change thw now playing back image.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: alemar02 on May 09, 2013, 09:08:35 PM
Another question guys I was searching the forum for ways to display something on the second screen while etouch is idling and found a topic stating we should use wallpaper changer.  I am doing this but when I turn on etouch I still get a blank screen on the 2nd monitor.  Any ideas I apologize if this has been asked before.
I'm using win 7 and the wallpapers change great but when etouch turns on the second screen stays black.  Am I doing something wrong?