Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Hardware for Jukebox

Started by Gaucho, April 10, 2013, 03:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

O.K. getting ready to finalise the Jukebox for the pub, but could do with some pointers/advice.

I have been looking at coin validators (new) and have seen the Astro Systems Microcoin SP validator which looks O.K.

Also an LG TFT with integrated SAW touch.

Also will this PC adapter work, seems a lot cheaper than an Ipac.

Anything else (besides leads) that I might need?

Barcrest

I don't think that pc adapter will send a keypress which is what is required for E-Touch. Actually it would do it but seems a bit complicated to set up, you have to use the coin.exe and write a bat file to send a keypress.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Quote from: Barcrest on April 10, 2013, 05:06:12 PM
I don't think that pc adapter will send a keypress which is what is required for E-Touch. Actually it would do it but seems a bit complicated to set up, you have to use the coin.exe and write a bat file to send a keypress.
At about 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of an Ipac I'll have a look and if it's not to complicated post the solution here.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on April 10, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on April 10, 2013, 05:06:12 PM
At about 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of an Ipac I'll have a look and if it's not to complicated post the solution here.

Shame they don't support VB with the source and only provide delphi source or i could probably support it natively.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Right, scrap that.

Just found the Ipac VE which will do the job and is at the right price with free post world wide.

Ebay is just so expensive sometimes ::)

Gaucho

O.K. My Micro Coin SP arrived (still waiting for the Ipac) and it has a standard 10 pin plug as below. The Channels have been set as 1 through to 6 for various coins.

I assume I can just wire straight to the Ipac as follows:

PIN    CHANNEL     IPAC       MAPPED LETTER
1         Ground         -
2        12-24VDC      -
3            5             Coin 1              5
4            6             Coin 2              6
5           N.U.            -
6         Inhibit           -
7            1             Start 1             1
8            2             Start 2             2
9            3             1 SW 5             Z
10          4             1 SW 6             X

Or I could use 1 SW 7 and 8 instead of Coin 2 and Start 2 if I wanted to keep all the wiring down one side. Then it's just a simple matter of assigning letters in etouch once I have my commercial license.

The question is I suppose, do I need diode's or resistors in line to limit the voltage from the coin validator?

Gaucho

Forget about the resistor bit, will a LM7805 do the job?

jukejohn

yes a lm7805 reg will give you a stable 5v

Gaucho

That was smooth, 10 pin plugs and Ipac arrived today wired up as per previous post and everything is perfect (tested in note pad).

And no need for voltage regulators.

Micro coin accepts 6 different coins, old and new 5p, old and new 10p, 20p, 50p, ?1 and ?2.

Right, commercial license and then hopefully it will be easy to set up the credits.

Barcrest

You have done the hard part setting up the mech the rest is childs play.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...