Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Yellow Hightlight using Enable Keyboard Option

Started by Cary_B, December 28, 2009, 10:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

Ok, any one else have this.  I am getting a yellow highlight color on the first album of the pick album screen every time I turn on Enable Keyboard option in the options screen.  It doens't matter what skin I have turned on, or what number of albums I have showing on the screen.  If I have the Enable Keyboard options turned on, the very first album name and artist name are highlighted in yellow, and when I click on any album, I have a yellow rectangle showing covering the right side of the first song.  Anyone?

P.S.  I'm on 5.00.27, but it seems to have been happening for a while.  Will try 5.00.28, and see if that fixes it.

mr_doles

This is not a bug this was added in version 5.00.23
CHANGED: Tracklisting screen now highlights select track if navigating with keys

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

OK, I understand it now.

But I must say, this is the first time I have been unhappy with an update of the program.  I don't use the keyboard to navigate, and only use the keyboard to access the settings.  I hide the icon to access the settings, and use the keyboard to get in.  The highlight makes it hard to read the first album and distracts from the look of the program.  Also, the highlight on the song titles seems to be off, and doesn't look correct. 

Any chance to get an option to turn on keyboard, but not show the highlight?  I may be the only one who would use this, but I would still like it.

fordman

Cary,

Why dont you use the PIN pad to access to settings? Easy to use and would solve the need for a keyboard! It is under the 'Security Settings' Button. You can make the code anything you want.

Fordman

Cary_B

If I undestand what you are saying, I should use the pin access which pops up the code enter pad, when I click on the options button.  I can do this, but I really like a clean look for the jukebox, and have always hidden the options button.  That way, no one can click on it and get into the jukebox settings. (I know you can set a password, but someone could get lucky.)  Anyway, this is probably the way I will go for now, just saying this is one time I didn't like an update.  Not bad, as I have always liked the program up to now, and have never had any complaints.  It won't make me stop using it though, as this is still the best program out there.  Hey, one out of hundreds of updates isn't bad.  You can't please everybody, everytime.

fordman

Just set the code to something no one will even remotely think of! Use the skintool to move the options button to where you want it.

I used to use an Ultimarc Ipac with an arcade button on the back of the jukebox to access the options but the more I thought about it, the more of a waste of an Ipac for 1 button!

btw, I dont think you dont need to have the keyboard access turned on for the <ESC> key to work as it is the default to access the options! Turn off the keyboard access and try the <esc> key and see what you get!

Worth a try!

UPDATE: Make sure you disable the 'Key Mapping' tick box in the upper left corner for the <ESC> key to access the options screen!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Like fordman says just use escape you don't need keymapping turned on for that.

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Thanks guys, the ESC key works for now.  I don loose the options to have a few keys configured, such as I used space to skip a song (I turned off the control buttons.)

I guess this will just take a little getting used to.  Not a problem.  Keep up the good work.  Just possibly think about an option to turn off the highlight color in the future.  Thanks...

Barcrest

Yeah i could have an option to turn off the keyboard navigation. I'll look into it.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Just updated to 5.00.29 yest and noticed the yellow highlight even though i'm not using a keyboard.  How do I just turn off the highlighting?  BTW, this is the first version I'm getting the yellow highlight on.

fordman

Look in the 'Key Shortcuts' and at the top left, you will see a 'Disable Key Hightlighting' tick box.

Shouldnt the 'Disable Key Highlighting' be defaulted if you disable key mapping? Having it automatically have the highlighting even with the key mapping disabled kinda is a little annoyance, although easily fixable, if you are new to the program!

:beer

Fordman

urbecrisch

Thanks.  Must have missed that.  Maybe Barry will fix on next update.

Barcrest

Yeah i need to change it to work as you guys described, sorry a small oversight.

Jukebox Stats...