Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Apostrophe ?

Started by D2e, February 18, 2011, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D2e

Sort of a trivial request, but if it's not too much work, any chance of adding an apostrophe key to the keyboard on the search screen? It would really help narrow down on track searches. Came to mind today when someone was searching for an old blues tune called "You're right, I'm left, she's gone". Tough one to search on without the apostrophes. (plus I didn't have it anyway...ha!)

eist1

D2e,

I just did a search for dont and I got results for dont and don't so I don't think the ' (apostrophe) is needed in the seach just type everything out without it and it will find versions with and without it which is even be better.

D2e

Eist, that's not 100% accurate. It may work for the word 'dont' for some reason but I can tell you it doesn't work correctly for any other words with apostrophes. If you search for 'Shes Gone' (there are several songs by that title in the box) nothing comes up. If you search on 'Shes', titles with the letters in order but in separate words come up like 'She Said' but nothing with She's comes up.
Anything with 'ain't' in the title will not come up. Only songs with 'saint' or the aforementioned scenario with things like 'Again Tonight'. No titles like 'Ain't talkin' bout love' will show.
Believe me I've gotten many people complaining I don't have songs they want that are definitely in there.
Searching on 'Youre' will not list anything with 'you're' in the title, etc...

Barcrest

Quote from: D2e on February 20, 2011, 10:15:32 PM
Eist, that's not 100% accurate. It may work for the word 'dont' for some reason but I can tell you it doesn't work correctly for any other words with apostrophes. If you search for 'Shes Gone' (there are several songs by that title in the box) nothing comes up. If you search on 'Shes', titles with the letters in order but in separate words come up like 'She Said' but nothing with She's comes up.
Anything with 'ain't' in the title will not come up. Only songs with 'saint' or the aforementioned scenario with things like 'Again Tonight'. No titles like 'Ain't talkin' bout love' will show.
Believe me I've gotten many people complaining I don't have songs they want that are definitely in there.
Searching on 'Youre' will not list anything with 'you're' in the title, etc...

That's odd because I run a replace to remove the non alpha characters so the you're should be youre.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...