Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Error: No Preset Files Found using Milkdrop visualization

Started by LeapinLew, October 11, 2008, 06:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeapinLew

I got Milkdrop working ok, the problem is there is text on the screen saying "Error: No preset Files Found in C:\..\*.Milk

Also, before Milkdrop starts, I can see the default visualization before Milkdrop starts. Is this ok?

LeapinLew

Well crap - I'm sure I did something dumb.

My videos now play in 1/4 of the screen. I'm going to fool around in the menu's. If anyone knows the answer, please post. Otherwise I'll post when I figure it out.

LeapinLew

I moved all the *.MILK files from within Milkdrop 2.0 to the root of the plugin folder and it seems to be working.

As for the video... it seems the video playing directly after a Milkdrop visualization displays in it's native resolution. In my case, the video played in a corner of the monitor and is about the size of a youtube window. If I didn't use Milkdrop - it worked fine. If I play the same video twice in a row - the first time it plays a small window, and the second time it plays full screen.

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

LeapinLew

Here is a couple pics which show the video issue now.

I was playing a mp3 file in freebox which was using the milkdrop plugin. The next item queued was a video. This is what played:

You can see it's only using a small portion of the screen. I believe this would be the native resolution of the file, but I'm not sure. I queued up the exact same video to play afterwards, and this is the result:

You can see it's full screen.

What gives?

Barcrest

Sounds like milkdrop is changing the screen res, and it sets the res back automatically after it quits but the video kicks in before and so plays at the size of the res milkdrop was running at. Can you configure milkdrop to run in the same res as you main screen?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

LeapinLew

Quote from: Barcrest on October 12, 2008, 10:32:55 PM
Sounds like milkdrop is changing the screen res, and it sets the res back automatically after it quits but the video kicks in before and so plays at the size of the res milkdrop was running at. Can you configure milkdrop to run in the same res as you main screen?

I see. Both screens are 800x600. Is there anywhere else to configure milkdrop than the visualizations configure screen? Or perhaps we can put a delay between tracks?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

LeapinLew

Quote from: Barcrest on October 14, 2008, 08:43:20 AM
Have you got milkdrop set to run at 800x600?

I guess not. I didn't even know that the resolution was configurable in Milkdrop - I'll take a look.