Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

not playing

Started by casper, August 21, 2007, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casper

I dont know if this is because of the new 3.0.00 RC 3 Release or because of something else but freebox plays the first song i select but when i pick another song it will not play or play next or go into queue. i have reloaded this version but still the same problem..

Barcrest

What is happening when you try to play?

Also what was the last version that worked correctly for you?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

nothing happens when i play it goes back to song selection when i click on play now or add to queue but shows no songs in queue. the previous version was the rc 2 which worked fine so i'll try that and see if thats working ok..i.ll let you know..just looked no longer got that version and the links down...

casper

just realised that i may have only tried 1 song in the rc 2 version before trying the new one so previous to that i was running 3000beta9 i will now try this and see if its working again..

casper

Quote from: casper on August 21, 2007, 10:51:21 PM
just realised that i may have only tried 1 song in the rc 2 version before trying the new one so previous to that i was running 3000beta9 i will now try this and see if its working again..
yes working again as it should in 3 beta 9 version like i said not sure about later version..

Barcrest

Does the song appear to try and start playing? Does it show up in the history?

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Quote from: Barcrest on August 21, 2007, 11:04:29 PM
Does the song appear to try and start playing? Does it show up in the history?
no it shows no sign of playing and doesn't appear in history its as if you have selected no song at all although it lets you select a song and goes to the screen play now next etc then when you select a option it goes back to the album song selection..

Barcrest

Are you running it in credit mode?

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Barcrest

Hmmm so rolling back to the older Beta 9 works, well all i did was add the check to see if a file had hung and if so skip tracks. I will upload a test freebox.exe for you later to try with that code disabled again.

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Hi barry just loaded the latest version on to my jukebox the first time i've used freebox on it.. so far so good tried it with 100 albums and its working perfect. going to load my complete collection on it and see how it goes. likin the new fetures. the only thing thats not working for me is really a minor thing my jingles dont play it closes freebox down and when i select videos in random mode this also causes freebox to close down after it gets to the end of a song. this is the first time i have used these fetures so dont know if  it happens in previous versions. anyway not a major issue and something i can live without. thanx for all your help barry..

casper

after loading all my albums on to my jukebox 5hours to load everything seemed fine until i tried to play any song from my (1953-2005 uk number 1s album) it selects the song and when i hit the play button it says no song selected it will not play any song at all in this album there are over 1000s songs in this album so i re-tagged it and still the same i then randomly took 5 songs out of the album put them in a seperate folder and generating a album just with these songs it does excactly the same un-installed freebox rolled back to the older version (3000beta9-anymorebugs) and the same will not play them. it does'nt matter which songs i use out of the album it will not play them in freebox. it loads them in config with no errors also it plays my number 2s ' 3s  4s' etc -10s with no problems . they will play fine outside of freebox. i have un-installed everything including c/prog files/freebox still no joy. any help would be appreciated because i am pulling my hair out it could have been any album out of the 3000+albums i have installed but this is the one i use the most .. thanks for any help in advance

casper

just to add don't know if its important but the songs do show up in history

Barcrest

Are the songs encoded with VBR? Or do they have embedded covers? If they have either of these then that is your problem. The solutions have been posted on the forum, for the album art just remove it in tag&Rename or what ever tagging program yopu use.

There is a converter to conver VBR file.

Jukebox Stats...