Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Removing albums leaves some problems

Started by rumackay, November 10, 2012, 09:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumackay

I've been going through the library and removing some unused albums and after rebuilding the database (generate not update) the albums no longer appear in the main view but still appear in the more by artist as a "cover not found" where those albums used to be. Am I missing something? Thoughts?

Oh, latest build - 8.0.03

Cheers

Norman Marshall

Goto C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 8 and delete the cvr and rec files, then rebuild your library
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

rumackay

Thanks Glenn. Just tried that and the "cover not found" images are still there

Barcrest

It pulls them from the artists folder, you need to delete the CVR files from there and rebuild it all.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Ok, that worked - sort of. Now I have none of the album covers where the more by artist used to be. Where do I re-allow that option?

Also, when I click on any of the "by artist/genre/year" buttons an "add all to queue" button pops up on the left and will let me add all tracks on the album to queue (funnily enough) even though the add entire album to queue option on button settings is not selected and I have limited the amount of tracks from one artist to the queue to only 5 tracks.

And to give you even more of a headache - the "by year" function works, sort of. I click on an album and it takes me there no problem but when I look to find the album I just came from it's not there?  ???

Cheers

Barcrest

If you delete the CVR files from the artists folder then you will not be able to see more by artist untily uo re-build the audio library. You can set it to clear the artists, years and genre folders when generating so they will be kept upto date with any changes you have made....

To be honest this is the best way to do things if you have removed albums, cleaned up tags or added new albums.

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

*edit* Fixed. Need to remember to check the generate artist/year as well as the clear boxes. Works fine now

What about this one:

QuoteAlso, when I click on any of the "by artist/genre/year" buttons an "add all to queue" button pops up on the left and will let me add all tracks on the album to queue (funnily enough) even though the add entire album to queue option on button settings is not selected and I have limited the amount of tracks from one artist to the queue to only 5 tracks.

Barcrest

Quote from: rumackay on November 13, 2012, 10:45:57 AM
*edit* Fixed. Need to remember to check the generate artist/year as well as the clear boxes. Works fine now

What about this one:

QuoteAlso, when I click on any of the "by artist/genre/year" buttons an "add all to queue" button pops up on the left and will let me add all tracks on the album to queue (funnily enough) even though the add entire album to queue option on button settings is not selected and I have limited the amount of tracks from one artist to the queue to only 5 tracks.

that is an old legacy button and shouldn't be appearing. How exactly are you making this show up? I'll try and replicate this later and get another beta out if i can fix it.

I can't get this to happen, can anyone else replicate this?

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Quote from: Barcrest on November 13, 2012, 02:23:56 PM
that is an old legacy button and shouldn't be appearing. How exactly are you making this show up? I'll try and replicate this later and get another beta out if i can fix it.

I select an album, then click on any of the "by artist/genre/year" buttons and it pops up

Barcrest

Quote from: rumackay on November 13, 2012, 09:37:20 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on November 13, 2012, 02:23:56 PM

I select an album, then click on any of the "by artist/genre/year" buttons and it pops up

What version are you running? I can't replicate this myself.

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Barcrest

Quote from: rumackay on November 14, 2012, 10:10:37 AM

Really not sure what is happening then, we need someone else to confirm this as I cannot replicate it at all. I spent an hour with it last night and nothing.

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Is there a way to turn that feature ON that I may have inadvertently selected? Are there some settings that may inadvertently cause that to pop up?

If I figure out how, I'll do a video or screen capture of it in action and post it here

Barcrest

Sounds like when viewing an album he is clicking more by Artist, Gerne or Year and then the Add all to Queue button is appearing even though he has it turned off in his options. I cannot get it to do this for me, can you replicate it?

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Ok, I figured out how to do a screen capture of what is happening. The other good news is that the add all to queue button is indeed only adding the limit of songs from that artist (I have it set at 5) so that's one less thing to worry about

Maybe you'll see something I have wrong in the settings. Hope this works...

http://youtu.be/_8qpeQXmDE0