Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

feature request: daily reporting by email

Started by twarr, August 25, 2008, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twarr

hi!

I have a request for another feature for freebox. This is especially for commercial use.

One of the most annoying thing with operating coin-op machine, is when something is wrong with them. Normally it can take days or even weeks before the owner of the place which has the machine will report to me that something is wrong.

So, what I would like to get, is daily email-reporting, of how much money that the machine have earned. I would like the software to send my an email every night, so I can keep track if the machine i functional or not. (if not a single coin or bill have been inserted for the entire day, it is a big chance that something is wrong..)

Is this possible, Barry? :-)

eist1

I'd imagine Barry could send a file every night via FTP similar to how he is currently doing it with the Now Playing album image. That way it could be named with a specific date on the FTP server, and you could just pull it off of there every night.

Barcrest

Yeah it's possible... I will look at this for the next version.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

twarr

spacefractal

This is a very interesing to write a little JPS plugin for and a pretty nice idea.

Should not been hard to write that one. since it can relay on the songlist and the songstart functions only and also count how many times some contain event have been sent (PLUGIN_EVENT which would been used to add coins, example number of time the keyevent have been pressed down).

To sad my own plugin is a bit delayed, but it would been released sooner or later, but I dosent have so much time.