Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album Artwork Not Displaying

Started by slsimon, February 26, 2010, 06:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slsimon

Everyone,

I am new to this board.  I am working on migrating from one Jukebox application to another and found that E-Touch is still in development with continued support from the community.  In advance, sorry for asking any questions that may have already been answered. 

I will attempt to provide some background information before I start with the questions.  I have nearly 300GB of music that I correctly tagged with Tag&Rename.  With the tag information, I have the following directory strucure:  Music\Artist\Album\Track - Title

To continue with this, I have around 150GB of video music that follows the data structure above.  Now the application I am currently using and am looking to migrate from is called TouchTrax.  The application is no longer being developed and I am looking for more options.  I bought this application and cannot get further support and or license keys because the developer will not e-mail any further on-lock codes.  I am really upset about this, hence why I am looking to migrate.  This developer used a Non-MP3 Tagger to tag the video files in association with a .txt file.  I am sure I will need to modify this when I get to that point. 

I installed the latest demo of E-Touch so I can poke around and see what you guys are all about.  Looks like there is potential with this application.  The music database build just finished.  The first question I have is I do not have any album art displaying on the main screen?  If I click on the album on the main screen, all the tracks are listed correctly.  At this point, on the bottom left corner I do have a cover showing.  I have the following jpg files associated in each album directory, (cover.jpg, album.jpg and folder.jpg).  I kept this the same for all the directories thinking that no matter what application I end up using, the application would use one of these jpg files and if not pull directly from the mp3 file. 

So to start, I need help trying to display all the album pictures.  I am sure once I get into configuring and playing around in more depth, I will have many more questions to come. 

**  Directed to the developer:  If this works out for my collection, I would like to look into trying to become a lifetime member.  With that membership, is there unlimited upgrades to the later releases free of charge?  Also, if purchased, is there a limit to how many installations can be installed or is this a license per? 

Thanks for everyone's help.

Thanks, Shane

Barcrest

i developed this as a replacement to the old pcjukebox which was developed by andy the same guy who did touchtrax. Your tag files for videos should work with e-touch i copied his file format as i used pcjukebox back in the day. If you are lifetime you get access to the betas and every release forever. You can install on as many machines as you like and there are no licence files unless you want to use coins.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

slsimon

Thanks for the update.  I will attempt to fix with the DOS command. 

Another question:  Where in the E-Touch Config do I clear the database build?  I do not see any button to clear the database build. 

Thanks,

Barcrest

Generate will clear the old DB and make a new one.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...