eTouch Version used : 9.0.18 first tested 17/11/2015. Please note that this guide works for this version at this time, the guide may become out of date for newer versions or may not work for versions other than 9.0.18. Also Gmail might change their security procedures.
One feature of eTouch is the ability to email to a Gmail account when someone has requested a track or an album, but how do we do this?
You will need to do two parts firstly on Gmail and then on eTouch itself, so we shall start with Gmail.
1) Log in to the Gmail account you wish to use
2) Visit the page https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
3) Click turn on let secure apps contact
This will now auto save your preferences and you should get an email to say that this function is now enabled.
1) Load eTouch and go to Admin
2) Click on online settings
3) Enter your Gmail email account and password (check for spelling errors otherwise you will get an SMTP error)
4) Tick the following
A) Enable online play options
B) Save online track requests
C) Email requests to jukebox
D) Email user when signs in to my eTouch
E) Email user when a song is selected
You can click on test to see if every thing is working, if nothing happens that is good, but if you get an SMTP error then check your login and password details.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU REMEMBER TO CLICK ON SAVE
Once you have tested it once do not keep testing otherwise it stops sending requests