Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Another Project

Started by kizer, August 26, 2008, 08:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Haha, yeah your telling me. ;) Problem is I can't really devote hours at a time its been an hour here and and hour there. I'd really love to just have a day or two to just tear into things and see what damage I can do. Lately its been well after work and school and when my boy goes to bed. So that means from 8pm - 10pm because I normally like to hit the sack around 10pm if I don't my wife gets cranky. Of course 8pm - 10pm means no TV or playing on the computer. So its basically somethings gotta give, but hey thats life I suppose. ;)

I began by starting to remove the cross supports so I can get the 40years of grit and flaky paint off of it. I figure I'll tear up the rear and then when I can put the front clip in the bed and then pull the cab so I can attack the front 2/3 of the frame. After that its head scratching trying to figure out where to get funds to patch and replace sheet metal.

Oh yeah its not really anything, but I started a comment free blog type of thing by doing a lot of cut and pasting. Thats if anybody ever wants to read any of my ramblings. Hit the Archives tons of stuff. http://www.links4jeesps.com/chevytruck/
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kizer

In November I got the bed supports painted.

--------------------------

3 Days ago

Not a lot to report today. However I was standing in the garage looking at my truck because I'm getting a little jealous seeing all the other guys working on theirs and weather has been really cold and wet up here. Heck it snowed earlier today of all things. My wife pulls in and says what are you doing? I told her I wanted to do something with the truck today, but I wasn't sure what.

Wife: Does it have Gas in the tank?
Me: Yeah, it should start since I've been starting it once a month since I've had it and let it run for about 10-15minutes at a time.

Wife: Do the brakes work?
Me: Yeah, but I wouldn't trust them very much since I haven't done a really good bleed since I just replaced the grinding metal ones.

Wife: Lets take it for a spin up and down the drive way. Check the mail and see dad.
Me: Sure enough I had the thing started faster than she could get her rig out of the way. ;)

Her dad came out and said. I thought you where going to grind down the frame and paint it. Looks factory to me. I was in hog heaven since he couldn't even tell the difference. Other than the fact its black as black opposed to rust orange.  Maybe he needs glasses, but I took the complement just the same.

Since I got the desire to drive it one more time before I pull the front clip and cab off I guess there is nothing standing in my way other than excuses now.

Man the 3speed tried its hardest to get stuck in gear. There was a rattling somewhere in the cab, the muffler fell down and was dragging on the drive shaft, but the 250 pulling like a mule and listening to the Transmission whine was music to my ears. We hit a chuck hole or 3 and it bounced and rode smooth. I was super impressed for 40+ year old components. The turning of the steering wheel 50times in one direction to turn and the brakes bearing working was a dream. Man I'm starting tomorrow on pulling the front clip off. Wooooohoooo parts are going to be everywhere. ;)

---------

2 Days ago

Threw the bed back on and turned it around in the garage. I had to take a photo or two before the dismantling began. Since I'm not Alan and this is going to take a lot longer than his Orange rig. ;)

Throwing the bed on and removing hood and spring and started on top took a while so not a whole lot removed so far.

---------

Yesterday

I'm BLIND, I'm BLIND. Just pulled out the head light chrome trim rings, head lights and head light buckets.

On top of that right after I took out my Drivers side headlight I dropped it and it exploded all over the garage floor. Needless to say I was rather pissed and said screw it for the time being. ;) Ok, I'm spoiled and it was lunch time. I figured I better go inside and check out the Assembly Manual so I know what comes off next since there is so much sheet metal up front and I want to make sure I take the right stuff at the right time.

I'm really starting to dig that sea foam green color that is on the firewall.

I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Pinball

How do you insert the pictures into your post??  I wanted to post pix of my project.  The truck looks neat...

kizer

Welp a little off topic, but non the less I'll bite because I love this stuff. ;)

First you find a host of course and I just happen to use photobucket. Upload your photos to them or whomever you choose.

Doing it with code.
You could use [img]http://www.yourhost.com/imagename.jpg[/img]

Use Freeboxes buttons. You would use this button when you post a post, which automatically throws in the same code as I hand typed up above. 

Yeah my truck project has nothing to do with the site, but I figured we all have hobbies outside of our Jukeboxes adn figured why not share and maybe others would as well. ;)

Barcrest

Dude that green is really nice looking. You going to go for a full re-spray? Still i maintain mat black with red rims is the future... LOL
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Haha, I'm not sure. I thought a black body and red rims would look cool, but I'm not sure about spraying it flat green with red rims. Might look like a tube of toothpaste going down the road. ;)

I thought about this style of wheel with just a little different hub cap. Of course I thought about painting the white to match the body.
http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/wheel-vintiques-inc-2201/steel-wheels-11538/page-6.html

I'm still up in the air with everything. Since I haven't torn it all down to really see what needs to be cut out and what needs to be just bought and replaced. Either way its going to take forever at my pace. ;)

kizer

Welp the plan was simple. I was to go outside and take a few shots of how the wires ran around in the engine bay.

The wife said dinner would be ready in 1/2 an hour so I said so be it. 1/2 hour goes by and I decided to hook up my air compressor since she hasn't yelled for me yet, that I relocated in the garage earlier, but never had a chance to wire it up.

"Honey my sister is coming over and we need to run to the store and pickup some stuff. I'll take the boy so work on your truck some."

Air tools in hand and I sprayed all the bolts with PB blaster yesterday so I was hoping things would come apart easier. I got a little carried away. ;)

Good enough place if any to store things

Honestly I had no idea what my steering box really looked like.

I was so excited to find a little quarter sized hole in the radiator support. Well at least that's what I think its called. Hahahah

I just have to figure out what do do with all the parts in the bed when I pull the cab and the motor. I don't want the truck pulling a wheelie. :lol:

kizer

I met a new truck buddy with a 63 and he came over so we could well do some truck talking. We where out looking at his and then we came in to my garage and looked at mine. So we go back into my garage and we are standing around my motor just shooting the bull. Its a bit windy outside and all of the sudden there is a boom sound and what sounds like a Vacuum. I notice my small hand vacuum that I hang on the wall. We both look up and the general statement was what the heck is that.

We both thought did a tree just fall down? Yep

Nothing like snapping 3 joists that somehow I get to figure out how to fix later.

Luckily the tree fell at an angle and hit my garage opposed to straight across the driveway and taking out SlimPikins truck.

Oh yeah nice to meet you Slim. ;) hahah