Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

AJKool241's Project

Started by ajkool241, May 29, 2007, 02:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajkool241

hey all,

I just wanted to post a pic of my Freebox Cabinet. I have been working on this in my spare time and have finally got it painted. I will post some better pics once I get it in my home and all hooked up.  Probably won't be til the weekend though since it is suppose to rain all week here in MN.

AJKOOL241

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

coffee

Cool.  Are you going to mount it on a wall?

ajkool241

The JB is going to be sitting on the ground in my bar area at home. It is a pretty standard box 2' x 2' x 5' High. I made a custom skin for it to match the cab and am also working on getting the audio wired up in the bar for it. I will take some more pics when I get it up and running....then I can start working on the Arcade Machine...although that will probably have to wait til winter when things start to slow down.

AJKOOL241

netcat

kizer

Nice art work. Is the speakers going to be outside the box?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

You can maybe use a nice frontend and use it as a jukebox and a game. This way you can spend a lot more on one cabinet with all the parts that you need and save some space. You can check the forum or ask Netcat or Kizer what you can use.
Just an idea.

ajkool241

kizer - I am going to be running the audio portion of the JB from a receiver I will have tucked behind the bar and have 4 speakers in each of the corners of the room plus 2 more speakers going outside to where the firepit will be (via a channel selector). That way whoever is over can pick what they want and we won't have to be inside all night to listen to it.

As far as the arcade machine goes, I was thinking of doing a duel purpose machine but since I have all the wood and parts (computer,joysticks,buttons) to do 2 separate cabinets I figured why not...plus then when people want to play games and others want to select music the don't have to share the same machine. I have been told by people that they would like to see a coin slot on it but since it is just for my house and if they are willing to come over and bring some beers I felt there is really no reason to charge them for it.

AJKOOL241

kizer

Amen. I figure I'm building 2 of them for fun why would I charge somebody else? As for keeping arcade and Juke separate I agree. I started on my Juke and some day I'll start on an arcade machine and when I'm jamming on the arcade machine I want my Juke doing the same with better than PC sounding speakers too. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)