Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Numerical Listing

Started by fordman, March 12, 2009, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

Hello All,

I have a question about the listing of Albumns that have sequential numbers, like the NOW series. I have the albumn number as per disk, like NOW 15. But it shows up on the screen after NOW 1. NOW 1, 10-19 shows up before NOW 2 does (then NOW 2 then 20-29 shows up). Also I have made my own compilation albumns of the same genre (70's Classic Rock Hits Vol 1) and same thing here, Vol 1 shows up, but 10-19 shows up before Vol 2 does.

Is this fixable to have the Vol numbers in numerical order? Or is this already something that can be done but I'm just unaware how to make the correct adjustment?

Thanks for the time,
Fordman

Thunderball

Sounds silly, but change the names to Now 01, Now 02, etc.  - then they'll show up in the correct alphabetical order--

Barcrest

Yes as thunderball said you have to use 2 digit numbering. Once we read now 100 you will have to switch to 3 number lettering...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Will Do the 2 digit numbering. I dont think I'll make it to 3 digits on any of my compilations. Thanks for the help!

fordman

Whew!!! I was playing around with the double digit numbering and have discovered I dont have to change the MP3 tag, just the file folder # from 1 to 01. That save me hours of retagging. I have about 36 tagging hours in already!

Thanks for the help!

Fordman

Barcrest

Quote from: fordman on March 12, 2009, 06:21:21 PM
Whew!!! I was playing around with the double digit numbering and have discovered I dont have to change the MP3 tag, just the file folder # from 1 to 01. That save me hours of retagging. I have about 36 tagging hours in already!

Thanks for the help!

Fordman

You do know if you use TAG & RENAME you can bulk tag. If you did change the tag it wouldn't take you too long. 71 Double CD's would be 142 tags... Still if you have saved yourself even that work then that's all good.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...