Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

HOW TO: Web reporting

Started by Barcrest, April 10, 2009, 01:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

What is it?
This allows you to upload information to a web page to view things like the Now Playing track, the play history and current Queue.

How To?
Here are all the files required.

Web Files

You need to extract these and upload the web server files to some web space where you have FTP access. The freebox files reside in the freebox installation directory. You will need to edit the test.scp file so the information matches your web space information. You will then be able to access the web tools from that URL.

Additional:
A forum.jpg is also created each time the current song is changed and can be used as a forum signature image to show what you are currently playing. You will need to make sure that this is also included in the files that are uploaded to the web space so you can link to it.

UPDATE:
If you put a "new forum.bmp" in your freebox folder this will be used as the backdrop for your forum.jpg.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Hi Barry,

I'm a little confused as to the instructions to make this work are a little vague. I'm out in left field here and just dont quite understand about how to go about making this work. Any other help would be appreciated. Maybe some screen shots of what goes where and how to adjust that .bat & .scp file.

Thanks,

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Edit the BAT and SCP file in note pad to match your settings

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

I modded my signature to work now using the space you gave me.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

SWEET!

I got mine working also, I'm working ona tutorial for it also!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Web files updated due to changes in user_history.dat

Jukebox Stats...