Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New skin help

Started by coffee, August 22, 2009, 10:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Quote from: eist1 on August 26, 2009, 03:07:42 PM
Coffee,

Great job on the new graphics!! The only think that might look a little better is not having E-Touch on every button, takes away from the look, but great job. Can you look into possibly doing some graphical buttons like "Hot Hit" with fire, and some other graphical buttons. I think that would give a skin a cool look. Barry, how hard would it be to allow animated .gif images for button. A Hot Hits button with animated fire would look pretty cool.

Here is the link to the Black and Blue Popup skin I did awhile back

Black and Blue Menu Pop-Up

1024x768
http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Updated Skins/Black_and_Blue_PopUp_V5_2 (1024x768).zip

I'm not sure if it will work 100% with the current version, but too much hasn't changed. It may give you an idea of what needs to be updated.

Hi Eist

Thanks for the link. Very good work. This is what I had in mind and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks again.
Coffee

coffee

Quote from: Barcrest on August 28, 2009, 04:02:39 PM
Rather than changing the top left pixe i suggest putting at least a 1 pixel border around the button using a colour not used on the button. This gives a better look than just doing the top corner and also allows for non square buttons. Really you want the whole button background removed, these buttons will then look better (I.E. not have a black background) on the screens where fan art is used.

I don't know how to do it with a batch file though i'm afraid.

Hi Barry
I sovled my problem. I got a batch image overlay program and it did the trick.

Coffee

Barcrest

Excellent, saved a lot of work then  ;D
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry
Quote from: Barcrest on August 28, 2009, 07:20:27 PM
Excellent, saved a lot of work then  ;D
You can't imagine. Making 201 buttons per skin and multiply that with 5 for the colours is no easy or quick task. I am so happy. ;D

Coffee

coffee

Hi All

I'm nearly finished with the skins I'm doing. Here's a little taster.

Coffee

fordman

I really like them alot!

The only critique that I have is the 'E-Touch' on every button.

Other than that, I Think they look GREAT!

:beer :beer :beer

Fordman

Novalak

Quote from: coffee on August 28, 2009, 05:45:05 PM

Coffee
whats that? details?

coffee

Hi Fordman and Novalak

Quote from: fordman on August 31, 2009, 01:21:59 AM
I really like them alot!

The only critique that I have is the 'E-Touch' on every button.

Other than that, I Think they look GREAT!

:beer :beer :beer

Fordman

This is not new skins, they are only redos of the current skin with new graphics. This was only a trail for me as it was my first skins and the next ones won't have any E-touch logos on the buttons. ;)

Quote from: Novalak on August 31, 2009, 02:20:39 AM
Quote from: coffee on August 28, 2009, 05:45:05 PM

Coffee
whats that? details?

When I finished all the buttons I saw it didn't look very nice because I haven't changed the colour of the top left pixel. I got an images overlay program and overlayed a GIF images with a single pixel over all the buttons and it did the trick. ;D

Coffee

Novalak

Quote from: coffee on August 31, 2009, 05:29:15 AM
When I finished all the buttons I saw it didn't look very nice because I haven't changed the colour of the top left pixel. I got an images overlay program and overlayed a GIF images with a single pixel over all the buttons and it did the trick. ;D

Coffee

what program?

coffee

Hahahahaha...... Sorry ;D

Batch It Ultra v3.9891