Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V5.00.18 Beta 09 Download problem

Started by Pinball, September 11, 2009, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I tried to download V5.00.18 Beta 09 , and my PC was stalled about halfway through the download.  I X'd out of the screen and tried to re-download.

I got a screen that said do you want to save this file.  And the file type was .RAR  document

Help....

Randy

fordman

You need winrar to open it.

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar390.exe

Install winrar and now it should open fine. The program is a 30 day trial, but after 30 days is still usuable but with a nag screen. Close out the nag screen and all is good!

Fordman

Pinball

I installed that software , and then installed the e-touch on the jukebox. 

I am having 2 problems, I add *.mp4 to the search list, and when I exit the configurator, and restart the configurator, the added *.mp4 filter is gone.

Secondly, I copied both the music folder and the video folder to the Juke from my test system.  I can configure the music, but when I point at VIDEOS, and select the Video Lib, I can click on artists below that and see my video artists,  But when I click GENERATE Library, it picks up nothing...Then if I click UPDATE Library, it runs though all the music album covers and then lists the Music files. Why??? (I am definitely pointing to the Video directory).

When I start E-Touch, the Music covers show under both Music and Video,  and the videos are not present.

Pinball

I also deleted the 4 records.xxx files and the 4 Video.xxx files a couple times to clear out any mistakes..

Woody

Pinball,

There is a known bug that is causing your problems, when running the config you have to load your audio
library first then exit and restart config then load you video library making sure to click the video as your selected library. The same must be done to load the karaoke library.

Woody   

Pinball

I Ran the audio first.  Shut Down and then went  after the video, pointing to the correct vid directory.  (Now it doesn't incorrectly pick up the audio files.  Thanks),   But I still need to keep adding the *.MP4 to the search for type.  The config won't save it there.  And it picks up NO vid files.  They are there in the directory.

fordman

I am assuming you have made non-mp3 tags for your videos?

If not then use the non-mp3 tagger to make some. http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=802.0 But from the looks of the thread, you should already know how to make non-mp3 tags.

In the mask, did you type it like this:     ;*mp4      ? The semicolon has to be in there.

Also you can modify the mask.ini in the E-Touch folder.

open it with notepad and add the ;*.mp4 to the list, save it.

Open the config and it should show up.

:beer

Fordman

fordman

I had the same issue with the videos also. I opened the Non mp3 tagger, re-made a tag for one video. Re-ran the config to try and find the one video and it found them all. generated a new library and all was good!

Fordman

Woody

Pinball,

The video type has no effect on the library, that is handled by the player(WMP) and codecs installed (Klite).
You do know that you have to use the tagging tool (non-mp3 tagger.exe) to create tag files in order to load
the video library. As they are video files have no header to hold a tag descriptor so this tool builds a file that E-Touch uses in place of a tag. search elswhere on this forum, I believe there is a tutorial.

Woody

fordman

This might be a house keeping issue, try to keep the beta issues in the beta section under the current beta release. This keeps those that are beta testers kinda in a forum to themselves so Barcrest can keep any known bug issues in that forum. He will be able to squash them easier in the beta forums so he doesnt have to search the whole forum board for possible issues.

Fordman

Pinball

All myb videos were tagged on my desk top test system.  I copied the entire music directory and the entire video directory over to the real Jukebox where I am installing.  (So we know that all the videos were tagged properly w/the non mp3 tagger, cause they are the same ones that were working on the test system).

I re-tagged one video on the juke directory and then re-ran the configurator.  Now the configurator saw all the videos and loaded them.
The configurator also saved the *.mp4 that I added to the search list.

When I try to play a video I get the msg that it is an mp4 and do I want to try to run that.  I remember this problem from the install on the test system.  I need to go back and check how I resolved it. 

Thanks for your help guys and thanks Fordman for mentioning that you re-tagged a video. 

Randy

Pinball

I looked back and I see that you need to install those codecs.  I installed K_Lite_codec_pack.htm

and got the FFDShow Icon on my desktop.

I try to run a video and it still says that the file type is an MP4 and I may get unexpected results.  So I close out of it.  Any ideas on why the vids won't play?

Randy

Pinball

What I found was that the FFDShow that was installed was not the K_lite program.  The download button on the screen installed another product other than the K_lite codecs.  I deleted the FFDShow and installed the correct K_Lite codec standard pack. 

Now when I play a video, the music starts and when I click on the upper right corner to gointo the show video mode, The screen I see is the Album cover art for the video playing, and in the upper right corner I see the right most truncated image of the status bar in the upper right corner from the video cover page.  If I click on that area, I can see the video that is playing, but it flashes on the screen for a second and then goes away.   I kept clicking there and finally the video went into full screen and played normal, but when I clicked on the screen , the video would pause.  I click again and the video resumes. The only way to get back out was to hit the escapekey a few times.

I am not sure if I am having these video problems because of a conflict between the K_lite codecs I installed and the FFDShow software I had previously installed, or because there is something wrong w/this version of E-touch I am running.  Any ideas on how to narrow this down or straighten it out?

Randy 

Pinball

Update:  I Uninstalled E-Touch Beta 5.0.18 from my Juke and installed the 5.0.17 version released on Aug 12th.  I am still having the same Video problems.

I am also running 5.0.18 on my desk top test machine and Video works fine. So it is not the 5.0.18 release.

When I Select a video to play, the audio portions starts playing.  I go out to the main video album selection screen and click in the upper right of the current playing status window and the screen goes to the track selection page from that artist.  You do not see a mini video playing in the upper right corner.

In the upper right corner above track 1 you see the truncated image of the NOW PLAYING screen from the upper right of the main screen.  You see the tolal time of the video   3:24   You see bits of the current video playing , but it is not clear to watch.  When you click on that you see flashes in full screen of the video that's playing.  If you click again the video pauses.  If you keep clicking you get the full image undistorted of the video in full screen but you need to hit escape to exit the video.  It exits you to the General Options screen. 

There's something rotten in Denmark.... ???  And It ain't the cheeze....

fordman

Open WMP and select a video. First, what type of video is it? MP4, AVI, WMV ? When you select the video when you open WMP and you have the K-Lite Codec pack installed, you will see the video play without issue? If it plays in WMP fine then everything should be ok. But if it starts up and you can see the video, see if you see these icons in the taskbar at the bottom right:

They are the icons for FFDShow. That is a codec pack. Click on the one to the left.

On the left is a menu, hightlight Codecs. On the right you will see the list of codecs. Make sure your video type is listed there and the codec hasnt been disabled:

If the proper codec is enabled and working, then goto the second choice: Direct Show Control

Make sure the Use ffdshow on in box is check. You can make sure WMP is in the list by clicking edit on the right:

You should see wmplayer.exe in the list. If so, then you should be good to go!

But if your still having issues, then uninstall the K-Lite codec pack and then read this thread and make sure you install the codec pack the way it is in this thread:

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1493.0

Follow the directions to a T and then you should be good!

Fordman