Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Button problem

Started by coffee, September 24, 2009, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Any chance you can share your button transparency fix with the masses? I am sure others would like to learn the tricks you used, hopefully my post pointed you in the right direction.

As for having 2 different images this can't be done with what we have right now. However if i ever get chance to totally recode the whole thing then it will be possible.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

QuoteAny chance you can share your button transparency fix with the masses? I am sure others would like to learn the tricks you used, hopefully my post pointed you in the right direction.
Create all buttons with transparent backgrounds and save them as GIF. You would also have to change all your INI files to accept GIF buttons(GIF extensions). Oooh, I forgot about this in the previous post, you also need to change your button style from "style 7" to "style 8" in the skintool.
I've only tested this with a few buttons and it seems to work very well. I still have problems with my photoshop actions feature and I will fully test this as soon as I solve the "actions function" of photoshop.
So you must still treat this as "beta". ::)
Once I have everything in place I should be able to make new button sets by the thousands and very quickly. I am also busy streamlining the making of the backgrounds for the skins. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. ;)

Coffee

Barcrest

Ah so you used transparent gifs. I suggested that a while back but apparently no one could achieve good enough results. Hopefully we can get the default sets converted.

Jukebox Stats...

ScAtMaN

+ 1 for getting the defaults converted.
the current buttons and slider are a bit clunky especially when used with fan art.

Is this something you could do for us Coffee, once you have mastered the technique?

Barcrest

Quote from: ScAtMaN on September 30, 2009, 11:45:44 AM
+ 1 for getting the defaults converted.
the current buttons and slider are a bit clunky especially when used with fan art.

Is this something you could do for us Coffee, once you have mastered the technique?

That is something i am hoping he can do so the default skins will be fixed up. That or maybe eist can do them.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

I have actually been playing with the buttons that last week or two to try and see if I can get the transparency working. The issue I'm having is with the glow around the buttons making the edges still not looking good (especially the slider button, still has white ring around it). If Coffee can come up with a method to get the buttons looking good using the glow,  I can start working on them. I am currently pretty busy with work and school, but could start working on them. Thanks

Barcrest

If i had the PSD's i could probably give it a shot.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Guys

I'm still on it. I'll let you know how it turns out. For now I'm still having issues, but the black ring around the buttons are sorted for now. I'm still having trouble with the text inside the buttons so I'm trying to sort that out.
I got a script going for mass producing all the buttons for a skin set. It takes about 10 minutes to do a full set of buttons where it normally took a day or two.

Coffee

Barcrest

Cheers dude, i will have a play in gimp later.

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Quote from: coffee on October 01, 2009, 08:45:05 AM
Hi Guys

I'm still on it. I'll let you know how it turns out. For now I'm still having issues, but the black ring around the buttons are sorted for now. I'm still having trouble with the text inside the buttons so I'm trying to sort that out.
I got a script going for mass producing all the buttons for a skin set. It takes about 10 minutes to do a full set of buttons where it normally took a day or two.

Coffee

you need to create a full detailed how to when your done

coffee

Hi

Yeap, but there is still a lot that need to be sorted. I'll should have a test skin ready within the next week. :D

Coffee

coffee

Hi Barry

Where or in what INI file can I change Progress_slider_back,     Progress_slider_button,       Slider_back  and  Slider_button?
I need to change them to GIF format. I checked all the INI files and I can't find them.   ???

Thanks
Coffee

Barcrest

I make all changes in the skintool rather than editting INI files. I will look at it when I get back, you will probably have it figured out by then.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Guys

Here are some screenshots of what I'm busy with. I have made this skin today to test the new buttons and I will release this skin later this week once I have sorted some small issues. This skin should be perfect for using fanart because the buttons are clean as you can see in this screenshots.

Albumview screen

Tracklisting screen

Search screen

Coffee