Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Lets get down to brass tacks here...

Started by Rob_Hendley, November 08, 2009, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_Hendley

How many dollars would it cost for a version of E-touch that doesnt have the splash screen at startup?

Barcrest

I have been asked for this by someone else.... I can offer it as part of the commercial offering, that is $250... make me an offer via email if i loose branding i loose sales rember.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

dedos

lol, funny I was thinking the same thing last night.  The splash screen reminds me of the old 3.11 applications.  I'm trying to see if I can get someone to create a customized intro scene for my jukebox but the splash screen will kill the momentum.  Oh wellz.  Any way you can update it to something snazzier?  =)

Rob_Hendley

Well why not have a competition where people create an 800x600 splash screen with a pre-determined wording on there to give you your branding, create a bit of fun around here and make the intro a bit more interesting.

You could have some kind of prize for the best splash screen?

Barcrest

Quote from: Rob_Hendley on November 17, 2009, 09:04:18 PM
Well why not have a competition where people create an 800x600 splash screen with a pre-determined wording on there to give you your branding, create a bit of fun around here and make the intro a bit more interesting.

You could have some kind of prize for the best splash screen?

Trying to make money not give some more away LOL.

Jukebox Stats...

dedos

Agreed BC, this should be for fun on our part and more contributions to the cause. Just recognition should be ample.

Rob_Hendley

Not a monetary prize - something else.  Maybe an easter egg built in to the software that brings the designer's mugshot up for a few seconds or summat.  I dunno - you're the creative one around here?  To be fair, I would do it just for no prize just to get rid of the old splash screen

kizer

I can't speak for Barcrest, but he has always been open to suggestions and I think if people just suggested and did things worst case he could say is I'm not interested.

Trust me I've suggested a few things around here as well. Some flew away and some made it into the project. I really wanted the Fan Art in the juke and it took a few times showing him what it would/could look like and well its a standard feature now that some use and some don't.

Make up some mockups and worst case they get shot down. ;) or they make it part of the project. This project only grows when the community pushes for new features and keeps in mind that the project manager is in fact the same guy that started the project from scratch and ultimately has the final word.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

It's added anyway, but it will involve an extra payment to use it as it's debranding my software.

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

I am all in favour of keeping your brand on the software, but I reckon your brand could be jazzed up a bit.  Maybe a cooler looking splash screen would actually get you more sales?

Pinball

I had a great Beach scene on my box at e-touch start.  Then the scene got drowned out by the large spash box.

How about just making the splash much smaller and in the bottom right corner.  That way it is still branded , but it just doesn't over take the jpg we load up on the screen.

Just an idea.....]

Randy

Barcrest

Ok i have this implimented and it can be disabled with a command line switch. However the switch will only disable it if you are a licenced commercial user.

Jukebox Stats...