Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

skin nonsense

Started by JosephShelton, January 10, 2010, 09:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosephShelton

Okay, I've been doing some reading and trying to play with the skin tool.
It seems pretty interesting but it seems that I can not save any changes I make.
I don't understand how to do such a thing and I can't create a new skin either, only just look at the ones in the skins file but can not save any changes to them.

So any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Joe

coffee

Hi
In the skintool you have 4 windows. On the one called "File Controls/Settings" there is a "save skin" button. After clicking on that 2 more windows will pop up and you just need to select OK.

JosephShelton

Yeah that is kind of what I thought would do it but... as best as I can tell that does not do anything as none of the changes I make show up when I reload the skin after that.  I still can't figure out how to start a new one though.

Barcrest

Are you sure you are using the save skin button and not the save COV button. All the save COV button does is save the cover layout. Sounds like that might be the one you are pressing.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

JosephShelton

Yeah, I'm using the right one.
How do you start a new skin or can you only modify the existing ones?

I can change the buttons and stuff out if I go in and change them in the file folders without using the skin tool but I can't make it do anything other than cause the player not to work right when I load a skin that I've tried to save.  It shows no changes with the buttons I've swapped out, only causes the album screen to have the selections laying over top of each other. It puts the row of 12 with a row of six over top of those and they are all small.  It is odd because I'm not even changing those.
I've just been trying to change the make a selection title.

I can change it and make it work how I want outside of the tool but can not use the tool at all. I don't know if it is compatable with my vista 64 set up maybe.