Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

TM-1000 Touch Screen

Started by MikeMiesen, January 22, 2010, 04:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeMiesen

I came across a great deal on these touch screens, FREE...they are TM-1000 12" 1024x768 with a serial connection. My question is, are they a candidate for a jukebox and do I need special drivers or are there generic ones in XP? Thanks in advance...

Rob_Hendley

It looks good so long as you can download the touchscreen config app (or indeed it comes with a drivers disc)

When I installed my touchscreen on to XP it soon became apparent that XP had no real support for touchscreen.  Don't get me wrong, it works with the drivers installed, but does not welcome it.

For example, E-touch is setup for touchscreen - it has big buttons.  On the windows environment I find it difficult to do certain things like touching the closure arrow on the windows, or moving items within the start menu.

What's best to do is setup your jukebox with your mouse and keyboard and once everything is running tickedy-boo, set e-touch to run at startup, disconnect them and stick with the touchscreen for that.

Before you build your cab, use the software a bit on the small monitor to ensure it is big enough.  I have a 19 inch monitor and cant imagine how it would look on a 12 inch - maybe others here have one and can advise further.

Barcrest

I have used it fine on a 15" and would think a 12" would be usable. As rob said you need to use a keyboard and mouse to set everything up, for ease of use i use a wireless keyboard and mouse as i can use them anytime i need without opening up the juke and having to plug stuff in.

As for those touchscreens you will need to get the drivers for them off the web somewhere. Touchscreens are usually either 3M Microtouch or ELO no matter what the actual monitor is branded as. You do need drivers XP will not see the touchscreen and install it's own drivers.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

MikeMiesen

Thanks for the response, you guys are right on the money. The screens turned out to be a 12 and 15, and I found ELO drivers and they work great...I am stoked!!! :beer

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...