Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

HOW TO: Random Play and Weighting

Started by Barcrest, October 11, 2010, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

What is it?
Random play is used when there are no songs in the queue.

How To?

Weighting:
Each item with a tick is included in a list to pick from, it is included in the list the number of times you have specified a number for.

So If you have;

Audio 9
Video 1

10% of the time it will play Video compared to audio, this is approximate but should even out that way.

However if you only have say;

Audio 1

It should only pick audio. If you only had genres picked then it should have only picked from there. Remeber you do not need a tick in audio as well as genres unless you want it to pick from the whole audio DB and a specified Genre. That is usfuly if you want a bias on a specific genre but not every song to be from that genre. You could then have...

Audio 50
Genre 50

Where you would then have a 50% to your selected genres but still a range of other music played.

You can also specify the number of tracks to keep a record of to prevent the same artist or same track being played.

You can specify a created collections file to pick from that you can set up via the CVR creator for a specific selection of albums to really tailor the random play.

Additional:
There is a check box to enable user selected songs to cancel the random play and start playing.

UPDATE:
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Digital Sounds Ltd

I am trying to set up the random feature.  Currently it plays quieter on a random song, but it will play the whole song.  Is there any way that I can change this to stop if someone selects a song?  or have it just play 25% of the song at full volume?

Cheers

Matt

Barcrest

You can set the random play volume on the random play options screen and if you put a tick in the box the random songs will play at that quieter volume. If you leave the tick out they will play at the same volume as normal user selected songs. There isn't a way to make the volume change during a random play song unless you manually change the main volume at which point the random song will play at that level.

Jukebox Stats...

Digital Sounds Ltd

Sorry

I think i worded the question wrong.  If someone selects a song when a random song is playing, it will continue to play the whole song, and then load the users choice.  Can I change it so when someone selects a song (when a random song is on) the songs stops, and the users song starts?
Also I have seen on some digital jukeboxs that when a random song is played, it only plays about 1 min of the song, and then fades out, so you don't get the whole song.  Are any of these possible?

Cheers

Barcrest

Both are possible but I will not be implimenting them in the next version, maybe the version afterwards. I just want to get the final bugs fixed in the current beta before I go off adding new features that could cause more bugs that would need resolving.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

There is now a check box to cut off the random song on user selection.

Jukebox Stats...