Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

error windows 7

Started by jukejohn, February 12, 2010, 12:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

i want to beta test on my laptop using windows 7 but when i go to generate i get runtime error 75 path/file access error i presume its windows 7 thats the prob and im a win7 virgin that wished he stayed with xp can anyone help me ???

Barcrest

You need to run it as admin the same as you do on vista.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

eist1

Yes, that will fix that error for you. You can also just disable UAC which will make things easier to run.

fordman

I has the same issue with Win7 and do as Eist has already suggested. Having to run things as Administrator was something that i had to adjust to with Win7 as XP, you just run it. To me, Win7 is just XP on steroids. I havent fooled with Vista but those that had Vista and have Win7 say Win7 is far better and if you notice, Win7 lets you run things in XP mode if you wish.

In some local retailers, they have tons of Vista computers going for as low as $250 (US) just to get rid of them. They also have Vista computers with XP downgrades for $275 (US).

:beer

Fordman

jukejohn

disabled uac as advised thats done the trick
thanks

eist1

Glad that worked for you if you still have issues with Windows 7 WMP 12 (like I did for karaoke) here's my post on how to downgrade to WMP 11 on Windows 7 http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1686.msg17946#msg17946

jukejohn