Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

No Name yet skin input and ideas.

Started by coffee, March 01, 2010, 10:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I think this skin would look less cluttered if the buttons were done in the style of the sooloos look that fordman posted up. I think because they have a lot of colour on them it makes it look busier than the skins we are currently using. I think there are some good ideas in this skin and people may have a different opinion once they are using it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

I was thinking the same thing. I just need to finish the layout and then I'll try that.

leeclark2612

I actually like the layout of this one...it may look a little cluttered but I would like to see a popup menu in place of the 9 buttons...would make it look tidier! I also like the video part of the skin...there is no other skin that has this and I think if you had it on your machine it would grow on you...good work coffee!

kizer

I think the reason that fordmans looks so nice is the border around the images aka buttons and albums are not so dominate in the skin. Black is easy to hide in the shadows like it does
I know its not the best explanation, but check out this site. http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/tables/_TABLE_BORDER.html

See how the <TABLE BORDER> compares to the <TABLE BORDER=15>. the TABLE 15 is bright and almost obnoxious.

I'm by no means saying what you did is bad I just think it could be tweaked and I'm sure it would look really nice since you have a habit of creating some really nice skins. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Novalak

that skin fordman posted. is this available for etouch? can we download it? i want it!

if it isnt for etouch yet, can someone make it - i love it!!!

jackson010

Coffee,

This is one of the best skins I have seen you do. I like the idea of a press button index and a video playing on the side. The graphics are all looking good, and I think it has its own identity.

keep it going and well done, look forward to this skin release.

Jacko

:beer

coffee

Quote from: jackson010 on March 16, 2010, 07:27:23 AM
Coffee,

This is one of the best skins I have seen you do. I like the idea of a press button index and a video playing on the side. The graphics are all looking good, and I think it has its own identity.

keep it going and well done, look forward to this skin release.

Jacko

:beer

Thanks Bro. I'll have to make some time to finish this one. Been a bit busy lately opening a new PC shop but hopefully it will be business as usual soon.

dilligas2u

I like the skin. I think it is just the red that makes it look to busy.
BYOB    Brew your own beer

Barcrest

I still think it needs to be used to be appriciated. Sounds like the functionality will be what sets it apart from other skins.

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

I agree there...like i said in a previous post, there is no ther skin that has the video on the main screen. That with the new internet radio stuff will pull in a load of new users! Coffee, I think it might look a little less busy if you swapped the 'album navigation' with the menu buttons (eg Queue, Options), and instead of having all 9 buttons on the main page, what about a pop up menu? One button is better than 9...i love this skin, can't wait to see it released...keep up the good work! Good luck with the PC shop, it's hard to start anything new, especially with the 'Credit Crunch' lurking over your shoulder!

Barcrest

Quote from: leeclark2612 on March 18, 2010, 06:53:09 AM
It's hard to start anything new, especially with the 'Credit Crunch' lurking over your shoulder!

Credit Crunch, Global Recession.... It's not good.

I have had 2 donations in as many weeks, quietest it's been in a long while. I think I need to get some more features in, some of the other jukebox apps seem to be stealing the march on me.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

I'm still on this and I will post new screenshots at some time. I think I'll just finish the skin the way it is right now and then I'll start to modify it according to what you guys want.
I'm still busy with the layout and that takes up most of my time right now.

Cary_B

What jukeboxes are stealing your thunder?  Nothing else out there even comes close.  I think that now is the time to push the advertising.  Better website, etc.  I have tried ALL the other software out there, and nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is close. 

Again, better website, (not just the forums) and maybe better support for the config.  We really need to be able to sort on first/lastname of artist, multiple genres, etc.

coffee

Hi Guys

I cannot aggree more on what Cary_B said. A flashy new frontend with a lot of screenshots and a summery of all freebox features would make a huge diffirents. It just takes to much time for a newbie to search the forum to see what freebox is all about.

Coffee

Hitbig

Quote from: coffee on March 18, 2010, 04:06:18 PM
Hi Guys

I cannot aggree more on what Cary_B said. A flashy new frontend with a lot of screenshots and a summery of all freebox features would make a huge diffirents. It just takes to much time for a newbie to search the forum to see what freebox is all about.

Coffee

You mean you agree   right, 'cause I do too.
The way It was before with screenshots and explanations was the reason that caught my attention
the very first time I saw this awesome software.