Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

First Juke Completed

Started by wyzer, July 04, 2010, 11:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyzer

Hi, wanted to share my first completed jukebox. Pretty basic but it's meant to be a portable, nothing fancy. The pictures with the flash show more detail but the ones without show it closer to the true color. Actually it still needs a top handle that I will be ordering from Mcmaster Carr. It can be run through a stereo or plugged directly into speakers. Hope you guys like it for what it is.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Barcrest

Newcastle Brown FTW  :beer

Looks a nice build dude, Have you thought about making a vertical skin? You could then have it stood on it's short end?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

wyzer

Thanks,

I considered turning the screen 90 degrees and have the volume knob on the bottom. It would have definitely looked better but this was the most stable way to have it sit. I plan to make a bracket for the back so it will lean back making it easier to see and use the screen. I also still need to make matching speaker boxes.

Everyone loves the jukebox and the small amp I used puts out a fair amount of juice.

fordman

Nice build!

Speaking of amp, what kind and where did you get it?

Do you get any hum out of the line in? Ive tried 3 amps with mine and get nothing but line hum even with a line hum reducer.

Fordman!

Barcrest

Quote from: fordman on July 06, 2010, 03:04:49 AM
Nice build!

Speaking of amp, what kind and where did you get it?

Do you get any hum out of the line in? Ive tried 3 amps with mine and get nothing but line hum even with a line hum reducer.

Fordman!

Ground Loop Isolator? Did you try one? I must admit it didn't work for me reducing mains nosie from a laptop. However the laptop only made the noise when running off the mains and by removing the earth lead in the plug the problem was eliminated. (I'm not recommending that for you though).
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

wyzer

I bought the amp from Orvac Electronics Inc. Fullerton, California
http://www.orvac.com/specials/index.html
Not much of an on-line presence. They do not seem sell it on-line

The amp info is:

pro stuff Electronics
amp-100
300 watts
2 channel mini amplifier

I couldn't find it on-line anywhere

I rechecked for any hum and could not really hear any. Sounds fairly clean to me.

I am using a separate 450 watt power supply for the amp only, maybe that's the difference, avoiding any noise from the computer components. The only other thing I can think of, are any of the audio signal wires running parallel to any A/C voltage wires which might cause a cycle hum. As a novice that's the best I can come up with, sorry.

kizer

Oh yeah that thing so needs to sit on the bottom with the knob down low. Reminds me of a HUGE ipod, but I like the look of that. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)