Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

WMP not playing .cdg

Started by andowhy, August 21, 2010, 01:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andowhy

Barry,

This problem has been one that has happened to me for the last few versions but I havent really chased it up as i havent used Karaoke in a while.  I just installed the latest version and decided to hook up teh karaoke as I have been worknig on videos lately.  I installed the Karaoke codec that comes with the e-touch install, but when I go play a karaoke track I get this error.

If I Select Yes the karaoke plays fine.

If I choose another karaoke the same message comes up.  If I click on the checkbox to not show this message again, the karaoke songs fail to play no matter how many times i unistall the karaoke codec and reinstall and I have been unable to get the error message back to untick the box.

I have tried playing the cdg files direct in WMP but I get the 'this file is not supported' error message.  Im on W7, WMP 12, v6. 

Regards,
Darren

Barcrest

it might be that codec isn't compatible with WMP12 and or win 7. There are other codecs out there you might have to try one of those.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

I've had this problem on previous versions but have never been able to get a resolution.  Once I've ticked the checkbox on that error message I can never get them workig full stop.  I havent been able to find an alternate plugin yet, so any help would be appreciated.  I have tried reinstalling the codec and even tried teh v3 version from the website but i cannot associate the .cdg files with the program. 

If I go into the karaoke folder I only have a .ax, .chm and uninstall program, ans Windows will not allow me to choose a file to associate the .cdg with.  i'm lookig online for a resolution now.  Still not understanding why WMP will play the file if i choose Yes each time the error msg comes up, but then when i tick the hide this message box, the thing stops working.

draginit

i seem to remember this happen to me once and if i remember right it was before i loaded a codec pack..i installed k-lite mega pack..prolly not the answer but i think thats what i did.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Hitbig

I also use another plugin named power cdg filter.
Just another option to try.

andowhy

I did find the Power CDG filter online last night, but it wanted me to pay $20 bucks to use it.

I will try a new codec pack tonight.  I did a search through the forums and found a few threads with this exact problem.  Some mentioned downgrading to WMP 11 so will try a few things tonight.

Interestingly, when I zipped the cdg/mp3 file and viewed the zipped file, the cdg file had the karaokeDX file association (teh white and red icon).  But when unzipped went back to wmp.

Thanks for the suggestions. 

andowhy

Well,  Ive tried the k-lite mega codec pack 6.3.0, also tried a WMP media codec, to no avail.  Managed to get a copy of the cd+g filter but that didnt help either.
Tried downgrading WMP12 to 11 but I couldnt get teh 'take ownership of the wmp files' to work, followed the instructions but gave me errors each time. 

At this stage I've canned karaoke until hopefully something decides to work in the future or WMP13 comes out and actually has some compatibility built in.

I have worked out that if I press play in WMP after clearing the error message the file plays, which doesnt really help within the jukebox as it just skips to the next song.  But it does work.  Does anyone know how to get the error message that i ticked to 'dont ask me again for this extension' to appear again? this way i can at least use teh karaoke files within the juke.

Going back to youtube and music videos!

Barcrest

I'm assuming the karaoke files are not zipped up and you do have a seperate CDG and MP3
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

i just had a chance to test the karoake files i grabbed from andowhy...they are unzipped and mp3/cdg tagged right....im sorry bro but they are working perfectly for me thru freebox.
-however i am unable to play them straight from the file if that has anything to do with it,,doubt it tho.

good luck, dont give up! karaoke brings life to a party!!  :beer
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

andowhy

Yeah it must be something i'm doing on my end as i am getting the same playing errors on my jukebox (which i havent used Karaoke on since probably v3, which was the last time I can remember it working properly).  And the juke uses TinyXP with WMP10 (I think).